Download Failed

Hi Team,

For random soundscapes I’m getting “Syrinscape could not complete download of x. Please check your internet connection or try again later”
There seems to be no rhyme or reason for which soundscapes I can’t download. Some of them download fine, others just won’t complete.

I’m at a loss.

Windows 11 10.0.22000
Syrinscape 1.4.13-PO

1 Like

I have the same problem but only with the „Yeti Battle“ Soundset.

It apparently downloads the whole thing but then ends with the error attached at 100%.

Which is a bummer because I really would have liked to use it in today’s game.

iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iOS 15.5
Syrinscape Sci-fi Player is up-to-date.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue with some sound sets.

1 Like

Hi all, we are aware that over the last couple of days some people have had issues downloading certain Soundsets. I blame the Christmas Goblins!

The Dev Team have this at the top of their list and will roll out a fix as soon as they are back from the Christmas holidays.

In the mean time have you tried using the Syrinscape Web Player? With the Web Player SoundSets are played directly from the browser, without any need to install anything; https://syrinscape.com/web-player

Thank you to everyone for your kind reports of this issue. It really helps to have clear reproduction steps like “I can’t install Yeti Battle”, otherwise we find ourselves randomly trying to install things which takes time away from other potentially important things. In any case, I believe I have identified and resolved the issue, so hoping everyone can install their sounds now! :crossed_fingers:

Game on, loud and proud!

1 Like

Hi Ryan, hi team

I experience the same issue with syrinscape player on windows 10, but only with farmland and tavern brawl. I bought these as part of the fantasy starter pack and environment soundpack and all the other sounds have been downloaded correctly.

“Download failed ! Syrinscape could not download all of tavern brawl. Please check your internet connectionor try again later”

Hi!
Thanks for letting us know. Since you gave me the name of the SoundSets, I was able to reproduce your issue locally, which made identifying the root cause reasonably straightforward. Turns out there was a small group of mischievous goblins gnawing at the SoundSet assets. I gave those goblins a kick and a stern talking to. They seem to be behaving now, so you should be able to try again :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any other issues!

1 Like