Do Soundsets Auto-Save?

My understanding is that there are a couple different online interfaces, so to be clear (hopefully), this question relates to app.syrinscape.com

I created my first soundset as a test a couple days ago, and successfully downloaded it to my Fantasy player. Since then, I’ve added a lot of music to this soundset. My Fantasy Player has yet to see any of the changes. It did notify me of an update of an official soundset I have installed, so I know that in general, it’s capable of updating soundset changes.

I don’t remember if there was a “save” button I clicked when I first created it, but I know I don’t see one now. Is there supposed to be one, or does it auto-save every time I add a new element? I’m keeping that browser tab open until I either see the updates in the Fantasy Player, or one of you kind folks assures me that it’s safe to close, and I can worry about the syncing with the off-line player later. I still plan to make more changes, so I’m not concerned about the off-line syncing yet, I just want to make sure I won’t lose any work if I close that tab.

I’ve restarted the Fantasy Player on my PC, and removed and re-downloaded my soundset, but I still don’t get the changes.

Hi @daltonseanm

You have the right idea. When you make a change in app.syrinscape.com it shoooould update your SoundSet and then prompt an update in the Fantasy Player. You can force this update by clearing the data in the Fantasy Player and redownloading.

So if your update has not happened then maybe the download update preperation has failed:

1. let us know the name of your SoundSet and we’ll take a look
  2. how many songs etc in your SoundSet? Might it be HUGE = there is a time out on the process (so as to not completely hang up the server).

We’ll sort it out. :slight_smile:

I really appreciate all the clear and timely responses. I did go a little nuts adding to this soundset already - I’ll break it out into some smaller ones when I’m all done, and if I have a problem with those downloading, I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Easy.

Yeah, have a look at the structure of a few typical official SoundSets to get an idea of our conecpt of what a SoundSet should have in it.

Kinda 20 elements
10 songs
10 Moods

There abouts should not trouble the server. :slight_smile: