Disc drives not showing when importing custom sounds

Ok,I got the whole “how to import you own sounds” straightened out,but now for some inexplicable reason (goblins) the folders aren’t there when I click the file browser folder icon. all that appears in the file browser window is an option to “select all” and when I hover over the “import samples” button the curser turns to a red circle with a slash through it. :frowning:
I have rebooted the computer,tried it on firefox and chrome browsers and refreshed/restarted creator several times.
I’m cursed I tells ya :frowning:

Is anyone else getting this?! I’ve not heard of it?!

PC? Windows 10?

Yes it is a PC that is running windows 10.

Are the sound samples kept in a separate folder or are they integrated in to the creator program? I ask because I would try a re-install but I’d hate to start from scratch on the DL of all those sound files,I have been slowly downloading over several days, as there is no way to que them up to download all by them selves like you can with the players.

All the audio is keep in a Cache, which WON’T be deleted by a re-install.

So you SHOULD be safe (please don’t shoot me if it goes wrong)! :smiley: *ducks for cover

I think someone else had a similar problem, and fixed it by a re-install and restart.

Give it a go! And YES, a better download thing is DEFINITELY on the list of things to do!

Alas it made no difference :frowning:

There are dozens of people using the Windows 10 build on PCs atm… sooo it must be something perculiar to your machine… so thinking:

1. A red circle with a cross through sounds like your browser is blocking the link, because it’s scared of it…? A virus checkers or something… or a nice defensive plug in?

You see… the activity that the Syrinscape interface is doing must look pretty suspect, if you think about it… accessing your disk etc… and uploading to a server…

What will happening, is we will take a while to work out what’s going wrong with you, and then it’ll be really easy for me to help the next person, but for the moment, you are our poor confused guinea pig!

Here’s a :lollipop: for your patience!

lol,sounds good,I was thinking some kind of blocking going on too. tried to turn off firewall and virus protection.
I have flash disabled and under a “ask first before running things with flash”,could that have something to do with it? I have had it going since before I worked with Creator,but I have only used that aspect of the creator a couple times.

1 Like

< cracks open the door, peeks in for a few minutes,then slowly closes door. >

1 Like

Ok,so I had got a laptop for DMing ,I wanted it to have all the stuff I need to work on making adventures and what not,It has just what I need for the process,Fantasy Grounds paintshop pro Syrinscape ect. So I have been able to access the disk drives with this computer to import sound, so I have been making soundsets and moods and everything for like weeks then just now bam! I cant access disk drives just like the other computer.what gives?? is there any one else having this??

1 Like

I seem to remember there was some kind of fix that someone found… I’ll have a look back through my support email chains!

OK. I’ve found a work around for you @mikeb50231

You should be able to simply place the samples directly into the media folder of the Creator Cache.

Then restart TWICE giving the program a chance to discover, catalog and then transcode the samples.

Let me know if that works for you?!?!?!

The location I mentioned, is somewhere like this:
C:\Users[YOURUSERNAMEHERE]\AppData\Local\Syrinscape\Syrinscape SoundSet Creator\media\samples

Let me know if that works for you. :smile:

That did the trick!! That is a hidden file btw, for anyone else looking to use this workaround.

1 Like

I’ve got a FIX for this!!! Yay!

The problem is:

1. Syrinscape (on shutdown) stores the latest import directory you navigated to so you don’t have to navigate there next time.
  2. That directory is not there anymore.
  3. Syrinscape cries

To fix:

1. SHUTDOWN the Creator completely
  2. find config in the Creator Cache (somewhere like this = C:\Users[YOURUSERNAMEHERE]\AppData\Local\Syrinscape\Syrinscape SoundSet Creator
  3. Make the “last_opened_path =” say just “last_opened_path =”
  4. Save
  5. Restart everything

Let me know if that works for you.

I am not seing that line,this is what is in that config,…err dealybober :smile:
[general]
bind_to_interface = 127.0.0.1
download_free_soundsets = true
delete_asset_bundle_after_import = true
enable_server_logging = false
open_interface = true
player_port = 7977
ui_port = 51704

Below that?!?!

Weirdness!!!

Checked my laptop and it is the same deal,…is there a antivirus that would delete one line in a program like that?

Here’s an idea.

With the Creator COMPLETELY SHUTDOWN.

Try adding:

"

[file_browser]
last_opened_path =
"

To the config file.

Start the Creator, and if it works say “Yay!” otherwise look and see if that bit’s gone again.