Desperate for help! - RESOLVED

Hello all. Thank you in advance for any help I can get.

I really want to use Syrinscape for my OL Dnd game but I can’t get it to work.

My group plays in r20 and chats via discord.

I have watched 3 different YouTube tutorials on how to integrate it into my discord and none of them work.

I have an Android tablet I could use to control it but I have not been able to find any information on if\how I can get it working on my tablet and I don’t want to just start downloading stuff and break things.

I don’t want to use the Syrinscape OL program as that will just require my players to have to do and log into something else.

Does anyone out there have a 100% surefire way to get my Syrinscape flowing into discord. Via my laptop or a second account on a tablet??

Thank you very much.

Hi @anightgirl,

For what its worth: I created the software that intergrates Syrinscape with FG, so some people here (and over on the FG Forums) consider me a sound guru (I don’t, but what can you do :slight_smile: ) - and I’ve never been able to get Discord working (properly) with any sound: Syrinscape or otherwise.

We use TeamSpeak for all our games. That might be an option for you.

I know @Gwydion has gotten Syrinscape to work with Discord - he should be along shortly - but other than that, I’m sorry but I can’t be of any further help.

Not the answer you were looking for, but it may be of some use.

Good Luck

Cheers

Dulux-Oz

2 Likes

I’m at my daughters choir concert but will respond tonight or early am. I’m confident I can get you sorted!

1 Like

If you want to join by discord and either dm me or hop I’m my all things sound channel I’ll respond when I can.

So you use voicemeeter at all? Let me know.

1 Like

Hello, I will be on later tonight. Will you be available?

I might be but ironically I decided to stream a sound program review on my twitch channel tonight. 7:00 pm MT. I’ll be covering programs like voicemeeter, syrinscape, and many others. Stop by if you have time.

1 Like

Just to close the loop here I was able to help the OP get sorted and I think she ran a game last night with sounds…

Fantastic! thanks again @lordgwydione! Awesome as always :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, he did help! It was so awesome. :slight_smile: very excited for new sounds in game. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it seemed to be the most relevant one when I searched. I’m in a similar position - looking to run syrinscape through discord rather than OL player, using an android tablet. (Trying to take some strain away from my increasingly creaky laptop ). Doesn’t look like voicemeter is available as an app through Google play, so at a bit of a loose end. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance :grin:

I’m trying to do the same thing. Anyway way to find out what the solution was? Sorry if it’s already posted somewhere.

@lordgwydione if you’re still available for any assistance that would be massively appreciated!

Just seeing this. Give me a bit and I’ll respond with a discord invite and see if we can set up a time soon to connect and see if I can help get you sorted!

1 Like

You’re amazing @lordgwydione :pizza: :beer: :trophy:

1 Like

Wife’s car broke down! Always something. Just got back home. Here is an invitation to my discord. If you join and DM me let’s work on a time perhaps this weekend to do a video call and see if we can get this sorted.

2 Likes

Connected with @oscar_harris24 on Saturday and we got this fixed and he is now ready to game with Syrinscape! Game on…

3 Likes

Fantastic, thanks as always @lordgwydione!

1 Like