Deleteing samples that are in use by elements does not remove them from the element playlist. This creates aditional problems

So I discovered by accident that if I were to remove samples from my library in Creator without first removing them from all elements that use them, then re-import samples using the same file names (because change my mind about the filters I wanted to use for the audio and needed to open them in Adobe Audition, edit them, save them, and re-import them) the element shows the samples in it’s “element playlist” as if they were never removed from the library. However, the elements will not play any of the re-imported samples when activated even though the re-imported samples will play from the sample library without issue.

I also noticed, upon further testing, that when samples used by elements are removed from the sample library the element playlist still shows the box for each sample but without the usual text, volume control, play button, etc. And upon re-importing the samples these boxes are then filled up with the appropriate content again. This, combined witht he nature of the viable fixes below, leads me to believe the UI is not registering the removal of samples from the sample library correctly for element playlists that use those samples.

Refreshing the browser seems to resolve the issue though the issue can be reproduced by again removing samples from the sample library without first removing them from the element playlists they are in.

I was using Chrome for these tests.

1 Like

Hi @JadedDragoon, thanks for that, we’ll get this passed onto the Devs for them to take a look at. Great feedback, keep it coming! :smile: