Delay start of a sample, what options to use?

Hello,

Im trying to delay a sample to start 180 seconds to 240 seconds later from the mood start, but it’s not working.

Here is what I tried:

• First sample delay is set up.
  • Count delay from sample start, the box is ticked on and off.

Both situations it is random if the sample plays instantly or delayed. The player seems finnicky in these settings. Could it be because I am using the online player?

Can someone help explain me how to delay a sample?

Hey @rickvanlangen,

Wanna give me the SoundSet name of what you are working on and I’ll briefly take ownership and take a look.

First sample delay IS what your should be setting. Note: this delay is ignored when you manually start an element by clicking it to turn it blue.

Apart from that, in general, try a page refresh incase some network patchiness has broken a write to our server (and things like that).

It shouldn’t make a difference if you are using the Online Player or Web Player, though they WILL make independent random decisions (within the specified parameters given).

Thanks Benjamin,

Here is the url : https://app.syrinscape.com/6d7b68a068f5414d9ac7ce7d5c456faa/#/?element=2731491&soundset=163770

The name is Acq. Inc. chapter 3.

Blockquote
First sample delay IS what your should be setting. Note: this delay is ignored when you manually start an element by clicking it to turn it blue.

That is the problem. I understood the delay as working on a manual start.
Do I need to make a mood to delay the samples?