Hey! Just finished setting up my campaign for tomorrow night after having to move my Syrinscape program to a new computer. HOWEVER, on both systems now I've experienced an issue where, after putting quite a bit of time and effort into creating a large selection of "Custom Moods", they all disappear. I had a "Custom Moods III" set up to be the entire dungeon play-through...then, after installing "DoD Vyre Banquet", they all vanished. Gone. I tried doing a reload, nothing; closed and reopened, nothing. At this point, since the game is tomorrow night, I give up. I'm not doing it all for a third time.
Does anyone else experience this issue? If it's just me, what am I probably doing wrong to cause it?
Thanks for the help!
I'm running Syrinscape on an iPad and what's happening is that every time I download a new soundset, all of the custom moods I've created in the CURRENT session, disappear. Custom Moods created in previous sessions remain. I don't know if this is similar to what's happening to you. I avoid the problem by always quitting and restarting the program before downloading new sound sets. It took me a long while to figure out what was prompting the disappearance of my custom moods.
That's exactly it! Moving forward, I'll be sure to go through that (annoying) process to prevent the (more annoying) loss of custom soundsets. Thanks for the tip!
I don't know what your license status is (fantasy/scifi sub, supersyrin, individual purchases), but the best solution for this is to create a soundset for yourself. If you go through the procedure to activate every element you need and then safe it in a custom mood, you might as well recreate it in the Creator and upload it for your use in the according player.
But i agree, this - probably Goblin induced - feature can be quite annoying.
The way bug fixes work is this:
1) Someone reports a problem
2) The dev team tries to reproduce the problem
3) If the dev team can't reproduce the problem, that's a bit of an issue!
4) I have, in the past tried to reproduce this, and not been able! grrr!
5) BUT, it looks like we might have an actual more clearly defined thing here now!
6) Thank you, @Lindsay_jarratt!
7) I'll give that a try... as many times as I can, until I can get it to NOT work!
8) @matt_owen89 I am SOOOO SORRY for your painful experiences! I'd really like to sort this one out, as soon as possible.. hopefully your post and the additional comments might be the final clue we need!
*crossing ALL fingers and toes