Curse of the Crimson Throne

Any updates on when/if you’ll have some soundsets for the CotCT AP? I’m about to start this in a couple weeks and would love to have something quick and easy since I’m also making custom terrain for it. If not, I think I can bang something out but would love to see some support for it, especially with the Anniversary Edition out now. Thanks!

In the end, we and the wonderful people at Paizo decided that we should support Strange Aeons BEFORE Crimson Throne. They thought we’d get much more NEWNESS out of doing Strange Aeons, and that people can do Crimson Throne pretty effectively with the stuff already built into the app.

Does that make sense?

Absolutely. I’ll do some digging and see if I can customize some moods for the first few sessions and see where I can go from there. Thanks for the quick reply!

Excellent! :slight_smile: Definitely check out this video for a good streamlined prep outlook.

I can’t say I don’t find this news disappointing. I’m working on a CotCT game to start in Jan and was excited at the chance to play the whole campaign with a tailored sound set (my last campaign was RotR and players enjoyed CH6 with the sounds)

Still as said there is plenty in there to make my own for this campaign.

If you have a Supersyrin sub then feel free to shout out if you need any sounds or music to help you build a set for your game. Always happy to help out where we can :grin:

1 Like

I haven’t been able to really delve into the website or even Syrinscape as much as I’d like (been building terrain for about 2 months now just for urban elements–craziness). What’s the Supersyrin subscription? I thought I might have seen something about it but I’m just trying to get prepped in time without flaking out on my group. I’d appreciate any help I can get right now. 2 days to go before Session 0!

@Wasaiii I started using Syrinscape back in May I believe to support my Rise of the Runelords game, been subscription the whole time.

I’ll give you what information I can/remember and if I am wrong on any points hopefully someone can correct me.

Subscription is $10/month billed in 2 month cycles of $20 for the SuperSyrin which is all sound packs whilst subscribed.

You’ll have permanent access to the sound packs which are released whilst you’re a sub even if you close the sub. You also get the previous months release permanently added when you start the sub.

If you don’t know about the program it’s a download program/app which you can then download any sound packs you have access to (all with sub) within the program and play pre-created mixes or single sound sets from everything from markets, whistling mountain winds, underground sewer goop etc.

As a customer I really enjoy the program and my players have as well. There are times when it’s added a lot of atmosphere to our game and others where we had great laughs playing the “sad trombone” sound when someone scored an embarrassing critical miss.

Yeah I’ve been a subscriber for a few months now, but I just haven’t been able to sit down and mix some sound sets. I’m a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to table presentation, so my terrain has been my primary concern. That’s why I posted about the CotCT sound set originally as I had read somewhere about them doing it. I can understand doing Strange Aeons since it’s a completely different animal from your standard fantasy fare.

I’m currently an Adventure Path subscriber, but I can’t even find the spot where I can adjust (or heaven forbid, cancel) my subscription.

Another issue I’m having is that I’ve started dabbling with Syrinscape on my desktop, but when I went to my tablet, my Custom Moods aren’t saved. On one hand, it’s bad since my time is at a premium, but on the other hand I was able to change up a few options that I liked better. Now I’m just wondering why my content isn’t moving from device to device. I’m thinking about buying a laptop for use at the table, but if I have to constantly remake my sound sets on each device, it kind of defeats the purpose.

Ah right sorry, misunderstood.

Not sure I can really help with those issues too much. I was in such a rush running Rise of the Runelords I mostly just used stock sets rather than my own mixing. It’s something I need to sit down and learn myself.

Hopefully one of the more experienced members will be able to come back to you (us) with information that those issues.

Hi @wasaiii and @Turelus, yes there are three levels of subscription. The first one is just server access, which you wont need right now, the second one called ‘Adventure Path’ gives you access to all of the content on one of the players and is billed at $6.50 a month. The “Supersyrin” subscription is $10 a month but that gives you access to all of the soundsets on the Fantasy Player, Sci-Fi Player and the Boardgame Player! if that wasn’t enough you also get access to the Syrinscape Creator, which is a separate program that lets you build your own soundsets using existing samples and your own, which you can then upload into one of your players. If you enjoy making custom moods then you would love the Creator as you can build entirely new sets! :smile:

Supersyrin subscribers can also share their soundsets with other subscribers, giving you even more content (and sounds) to play with.

@wasaiii when you build a custom soundset in the player they are stored locally on your device, so if you used the tablet at the table then that’s the device you would need to store them on. If you built a soundset in the Creator though or edited an existing soundset then you can upload those to ALL of your devices. That way you can build them on your PC/Mac but play them on your tablet/phone at the table.

I hope that makes a bit more sense but let me know if you need anymore help :slight_smile:

I should add that if you do decide to try out the creator then watch the videos in Pro Tips for some advice and ask on here, there’s a great community that can help and share resources to get you started!

1 Like

Sounds good. Now to try and figure out how to alter my sub. I’ve clicked on my profile and the Adventure Path link at the top of the main page, but I didn’t see anything I could change. I’ll check out the FAQ quick while I wait for some glue to dry. Thanks!

That took me much longer than I care to admit, but I upgraded and am downloading the Creator now. Now I just need to find time to mix soundsets and build terrain AND prep for actual game play…

1 Like

Sorry just spotted your messages, I was going to post a link but you’ve found it anyway! :smile:

Fantastic news and thanks for the support! When you open your player now you should spot a few new soundsets, which are all community sets and will show you an example of what can be done. “Creepy Shopkeeper” and “Battle of Wolven Pass” are two good examples. Bens done some great videos to show how to use the creator and there are more on the way be feel free to shout if you have any questions. Also if you use Facebook you might want to join the Syrinscape Creators Guild, its a community ran page where we share ideas, advice and resources :smile:

Creator Tutorial
Syrinscape Creators Guild

1 Like

Well I have it downloaded on my computer, but it won’t download properly on my tablet. Anything I need to know to get it to work on there?

1 Like

Just responded on your other post

1 Like

So are there any plans/timeframe for a Crimson Throne AP set?

None at the moment I’m afraid, this year Paizo have asked us to release the Strange Aeons AP. Its a set that hopefully at some point in the future though we might get the chance to have a go with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Chatting to Paizo, it was decided that, Strange Aeons gave us more opportunity to cover really NEW stuff that wasn’t at all in the Fantasy Player already (ie you can cover Crimson Throne pretty well already).

That said, before Strange Aeons came along, the plan was TOTALLY to do Crimson Throne, because it’s amazing… so maaaaaybe we’ll do it next??? :slight_smile: