Curse of the Crimson Throne - Scarwall (aka, creepy castle with undead)

I’d like some help putting together a set for my Curse of the Crimson Throne game. They’re currently in Scarwall, an ancient castle infested with all sorts of undead. I’d like to have a set that conveys the eeriness of there not being a living soul in the entire building. I’ve used Elements - Horror, Undead Battle and a couple others to do some decent work but I figured I’d post here to see what the experts have to say.

A bit about Scarwall: Made of stone with high ceilings and large rooms. Undead are everywhere but not screaming and such, just walking around until the adventurers happen upon them.

A couple possibilities - Dungeon Depths has some good sounds (Alone in the Depths mood in particular, but you could add in some of the weird noises elements or whatnot). Catacombs of Wrath is a good one, and has some good background “undead just bumping around” noises. Zombie Battle has some good ambiance as well as undead noises. The “walking” sounds for Fighter - Male and Rogue - Female sound like feet on stone with a hint of an echo.

If you’d like to pop over to the Sci-Fi player, the “Cultists” soundset “entering the lair” has both good horror/impending doom sounds as well as walking on stone.

1 Like

You need to have that soundset ready really quick I reckon? If not - you have noticed that Curse of the Crimson Throne is the next supported Paizo adventure path by Syrinscape? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oooh I did not! I mean, we play every week but I can get by with my crappy mix. Is there a release calendar or is it just wait until there’s an announcement?

Boom! Right here! https://syrinscape.com/about-syrinscape/soundset-release-schedule/