Curse of Strahd Soundset keeps glitching? - FIXED

I am preparing to run Curse of Strahd and the soundset starts to glitch every time I start to play it. It doesn’t matter which device I use. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi, can you give us a bit more info.

What do you mean by glitch? What device are you using?

Maybe try turning off half of the elements, does it still glitch then. Perhaps your device may not be up to the large processing demands of this big complicated SoundSet?

Have you tried on a different device?

Certainly.

The music becomes distorted and begins to have long decay which will increase the longer I allow it to play.

My Mac is pretty outdated at this point (not operating on the latest OS) I also was trying it on my iPhone XR and still had the same issues.

I will try turning off some of the elements to see if that makes a difference.

Same exact issue here, joined the forum just to check it out.

I’m running a generally a higher end of a mid range gaming rig, windows, and only getting the distortion and echoing from the COSR 2.0 The lands of Barovia Soundset Theres also like a clicking and popping sound. Is this a codec or formatting issue? The other COSR and all other soundsets are fine. I have uninstalled and re-installed the soundset.

Syrinscape using under 10% of my systems hardware

Well! Sorry this didn’t occur to me before… none of this content should be visible at all. It seems two of the seven SoundSets we put in for review with Wizards recently were accidentally turned on for our subscribers as well. :smiley:

I have hidden them again (as Wizards would of course expect), and I will take the opportunity to investigate the performance issues that you have both raised! Thanks for that!

So mainly, thanks for taking the time to let me know what you were hearing, we’ll now be able to investigate this issues further before this content receives an actual official launch! :slight_smile: :smiley:

2 Likes

OK! I’ve found the element that was causing the glitch.

It’s been fixed.

Super thanks for the heads-up on this one! It was causing a glitch ONLY in the Fantasy Player (not in the Online Player) and I hadn’t actually tested playback there yet.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: the brenad new official sounds for Curse of Strahd will be coming out next week with a new enhanced, non-glitching “Fog background” element. :smiley: :bug: :hammer:

1 Like

Thank you so much, I am looking forward to its release!