CSV don't separate element from oneshot

Hi.

I’m using the CSV and there is a very important piece of information missing on it.

It’s necessary to inform which is a oneshot sound from what is an element.

It get very messy when you got all element mixed with all oneshot.

Please, add another option to type.

@sonofconan can help with that too?

Yup. This will be an easy fix. @sonofconan is having a VERY well earned rest, till Jan 13th.

We do however have another part of the dev team coming back online on the 6th @jmurty … and he’s quite a talented guy! :smiley:

So expect some action on this next week.

1 Like

Hi @brunocalado we have improved the CSV by adding a new “sub_type” column after “type”. This new column identifies the sub-type of elements: oneshot, sfx, music.

We considered changing the values in the existing “type” column, but since people might already be relying on those values being either ‘mood’ or ‘element’ we decided to add the new “sub_type” column instead.

Can you please try it out and let us know how it goes?

32%20pm

2 Likes

Yay, thanks @jmurty! :beers:

I’ll test next week. I’ll provide feedback.

Thank you.

:grinning: :whale: :sweat_smile:

Hi. Thank you for the good work. It’s working well.

If I can abuse your good will a little more…

1. When the Online Player with Online links capabilities will leave beta?
  2. Is there a way to stop all sounds on the online player, like the Stop button on the website? See next image. It’s easier to stop everything and then play your next sound instead of search the specific stop link.
  3. After press an online link the Online Beta Player takes 3 to 4 seconds to start. Can you improve that? Sample: syrinscape-online://www.syrinscape.com/online/frontend-api/elements/2720/play/?auth_token={AUTH_TOKEN}

Thank you for your kindness.

Is this true of both MOODs that have had a lot of playback before AND MOODs that have never been used before?
Because if elements have not downloaded their samples yet, then they’ll have to do that first before they playback.

Test that a bit and let us know. :slight_smile:

I played the link below the first time. It took the same amount of time to play on the following attempts.

syrinscape-online://www.syrinscape.com/online/frontend-api/elements/5587/play/?auth_token={AUTH_TOKEN}

@brunocalado My anecdotal evidence suggests that invoking the syrinscape-online protocol handler does add ~1s lag to each command (vs. using the Master Interface).

The handler itself is so simple (make a request, discard the response) that I suspect that ~1s lag is the time it takes Windows to launch the handler process, so there’s not much we can do about that.

If there’s an even greater than ~1s lag, it might be in Fantasy Grounds itself or your extension, which is opening the link.

I recommend finding a oneshot that starts with a single consistent loud and immediately obvious sample, and testing the delay when triggering play via:

1. the Master Interface directly;
  2. the https:// remote control link pasted into a browser address bar;
  3. the syrinscape-online:// link via CLI (start syrinscape-online://...); and
  4. the syrinscape-online:// link via your FG integration.

@sonofconan
I made all tests. No problems. I don’t know why I got the lag. But it’s good to learn about these tests.

@sonofconan

Can you help me with any of these:

1. When the Online Player with Online links capabilities will leave beta?
  2. Is there a way to stop all sounds on the online player, like the Stop button on the website? See next image. It’s easier to stop everything and then play your next sound instead of search the specific stop link.

@brunocalado a new version of the online player has just been released (1.4.6) which bundles and registers the syrinscape-online protocol handler during installation (Windows only).

Just replace https with syrinscape-online in remote control links copied or downloaded from the master interface.

As mentioned in the other thread, use https://www.syrinscape.com/online/frontend-api/stop-all/?auth_token={AUTH_TOKEN} (or syrinscape-online://... version) to stop all sounds.

Note that stop initiates a 3 second fade out, and if an element is restarted while it is still fading out, it will just fade back in rather than completely stop and start again from scratch.

1 Like

Thank you very much.