Creator: Uploads are frustrating - FIXED

Uploading custom soundsets never fails to be a frustrating experience. I created a new soundest “OOTA Whorlstone Tunnels”, and am having a heck of a time getting it to appear in my campaign listing page.

It has a category (fantasy), it doesn’t have any empty settings, I have emptied the export folder, I have run everything as administrator, and the upload appears to succeed every time- yet, no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well somehow I got it to show up after a few attempts, but I am not sure how. The upload process is not very fun.

Hey,

Glad it worked.

At the moment depending on the size of your SoundSet it can take 10-15 mins to process everything.

Note also: as of the end of the year uploading will become a thing of the past as everything goes online… YAY!

The upload process is working for literally 100s of people everyday, but yes, until you work out the handful of hitches unique for your system, I definitely agree it can be a pain.

Soooo… we will be pleased to get it online, on our server… which we can absolutely control and maintain. That way we won’t be dependent on peoples, setups and builds for the sometimes complex jobs of database management, and transcoding and connecting etc.,

It will mean you’ll have to be connected to the internet the WHOLE time you edit rather than just on startup, but… connects are become more and more ubiquitous, so we’re not seeing this as such a big problem anymore.

AND lots of data will only be used when you upload samples, editing the parameters will only ever be a TINY trickle.

Does that all make sense, @killingmockingbirds?

@killingmockingbirds Also do note: that things take a little while to process at the moment, do you think that may have been the prob?

It’s hard to say. I was closing and restarting and clearing files a bunch of times in differing orders, so it could have been anything, or it could have been time-related too. I can’t say for certain.

When you go live with the “all online” version, will that be an option or the only way. I am just curious- it sounds like I will like the all online version, but options are always a plus depending on circumstances

1. How big was the SoundSet? What size is the download in the Players?
  2. Normal processing time can be up to 10 to 15 minutes in really busy times.
  3. This is all going away soon! Yay! You’ll be able to edit your content directly on the server.