Creator not launching? - SOLVED

Is the creator no working properly? I recently (a few days ago) started up the creator to add in some new music for my games. I am trying to do the same thing today, but it won’t open. I have clicked the icon and waited for over 10 minutes and nothing shows up. Any help to fix this would be great. I’m on mac.

Is there a small player window on Mac? If so - what does it say?

There is, but it doesn’t say anything. It just has the syrinscape logo and the version number. I get a dock icon for the creator. But after a minute or two it disappears without loading.

There is a small icon in my task bar that I have clicked and hit “launch interface”. It brings the icon back like it’s loading but the icon disappears again after a few minutes. I have deleted and reinstalled syrinscape and restarted my computer already.

What happens, if you choose “launch player” from the task bar icon?

Sorry, i have no Mac experience, so i may not be of THAT much help… But i can tell you, that the Creator is working (as i am using it right now - on PC), so it probably has to be a Mac/local problem. :frowning:

The icon shows up for a minute or two and then disappears without doing anything. It seems to be crashing before it even starts up.

I checked the player again, besides the version number, it also says “connecting”

OK. I figured out the problem. I tried uploading an mp3 instead of a wav file on accident. Once I removed it from the “Samples” file (thanks to a tutorial for a different issue ben put up) it now works fine!

2 Likes