Community Created Content

All our SuperSyrin Subscribers now have access to the Syrinscape SoundSet Creator and the ever growing library of community made content.

The SoundSet Creator gives you the power to create and customize your own sound environments, soundscapes and music. It’s massively powerful sound-design tool that includes all of the dials, sliders, parameters, and other functions that you’ll ever need to create your very own SoundSet.

Once you’ve finished your masterpiece in the SoundSet Creator you can upload it to our server and sync it to all your devices and play it like any normal Syrinscape SoundSet. Then, if your SoundSet is GREAT and doesn’t break anyone’s copyright, we may share it with the whole SuperSyrin Creator community. Our library of Community Content is available to all SuperSyrin Subscribers.

What’s more each month we will feature a piece of community content and show a video of it in action so if you would like your work to be showcased then get creative :smile:

Here is a list of some of the great Community Content already available and there is plenty more on the way!

I have a (probably stupid) question. I have some sounds that definitely break copyright if I pass them on, but I should be okay to use them for my personal games. But when I try to load them up, I have to “sign” a wholesome legal package in which I state that my sounds do not break copyright (and are, in fact, passed over into Syrinscape possession).
Is there a way for me to use these sets just for me without breaking any laws (or rules)?

Hey @Heinz, Nope that’s not a stupid question at all! It’s one we are glad was asked :smile:

For personal use: You can upload any samples that you legally have access to, such as CD’s you own Music that you have purchased, free sound effects and purchased sound effects.

For Community Content: You can upload Creative Commons sounds and music, any item that you have created yourself or any sound/music, which you have been given permission to upload. (I spoke to a composer who posts on YouTube and an now upload his content, which normally is copyrighted)

We were originally advised to use the licence agreement that you have seen BUT this will be changing on future versions to help make it clearer between Personal or Shared content. So for the current time if it is for personal use you can just click the agreement to get past it, if you want to share the content then you will need to click it and send us a list of the attributions/credits and we will take a look through to check everything is ok.

I hope that answers the question but let us know if not :smile:

2 Likes

That’s the answer I needed (and the one I was hoping for). Thanks! :smile:
That’s also basically what I thought how it would be, but I decided to ask, just to be safe, before I find myself on the wrong end of a Sony or EA law suit. :smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

It is so good to hear that. I am heading right now to the second chapter of DragonLance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight - The Fire and already started working on the soundsets for this one. I am thinking about renaming them after Chapter names instead of book name, so it can get more distinguish names. But still, the first chapter is quite ready and tested with my team. i use ONLY sounds from Syrinscape library, so it can be shared with others. I’d be happy to give something to the Community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! I got into fantasy and more importantly gaming because of Dragonlance. Can’t wait to hear what you’ve made :slight_smile:

1 Like

Works pretty well. Sets are reusable over time since players go back and forth in the Abanasinia region :smile: I have something special for the slave caravan elven ambush next to Qualinesti: two sounds of the birds as the form of communication between elves.

I had some problems with sounds of loosing arrows from elven bows. For now I use crossbow shot miss/hit/critical, but in ambush there should be lots of whoosh sounds :slight_smile:

Check battle of Wolven Pass, I had some arrow volleys there that might work for you :smile:

1 Like

Hmmm… I checked, by see no arrows at all. drums, axes, shields, steel, armor, spells… nope. No arrows :slight_smile:

But I will definitely remember to use this as a base for Pax Tarkhas slaves fight for freedom :slight_smile:

While true there is no arrow volley, the Valleros - Male Fighter set has a “Bow Draw” “Bow Fire” one shots, which provide that satisfying creak of the bowstock and deep “thwap” of a thrumming bowshot that’s a little more elven bow-y than the crossbow shots.

Oh! Thanks for that advise. I will use it :slight_smile:

Hmmm you’re right there isn’t a bow sound, I was sure I’d put some in LoL. I’ll have a look through my samples and see if I have some that I can add in!

1 Like

“Our arrows will blot out the sun!” “Then we shall fight in the shade.”

2 Likes

Where do you get this community created content at?

If you have a SuperSyrin sub then the Community Created Content will already be in your player ready to use. You can also see a list of CCC HERE