Combined Syrinscape Player

Thanks for the tip! Initially this campaign manager didn’t look intuitive, but quickly I see the benefits!

From user perspective having one good player for both is much better… Isn’t even from maintenance perspective easier to have one product to maintain? The online player looks quite complicated, to have desktop client that I control via web page…

For a lot of users having the fantasy and sci-fi separated is a bonus. Different users different needs. That’s one of the reasons why we have different apps, so you can pick the one that best suits your needs.

The Online Player is actually very easy to use, it just looks complicated at first because of all of the extra functions that it has. But with it’s enhanced search, ability to customise soundsets on the fly and no longer a need to install soundsets its a very powerful tool. Check out the tutorial videos on our Youtube page and they should easily help you get started :slight_smile:

Indeed online player is easy to set up and the only weird thing is the need to have desktop player and invite players. I am not sure if this is going to be embraced by my group, so for now will probably stick to the two players and channel the audio via virtual cables.

If I am having one soundset enabled via Campaign in both players, does this mean that on the background I have the set downloaded twice, wasting precious SSD space?

You can still do that with the online player. You just run the one player yourself and stream it’s output like you do now.

Yes, each player has a separate cache. Merging the cache is a good suggestion.