Christmas in Kingsport (Call of Cthulhu)

With there still being time left before Christmas themed one-shots begin, I was wondering if anyone knows which soundsets I could steal from to get some Christmas themed sounds. The oneshot I’m going to be running has a Christmas House party set in the 1920s, so my plan right now is to create all the soundsets in Syrinscape minus the music, and then to play some 1920s music from youtube in the background. That is unless some Christmas themed soundsets are released before then :wink:

Your best bets would be to take happy crowd sounds from Dance of the Damned’s Masquerade Ball (happy rich murmuring, general hubbub, banquet sounds, mead glasses clinking, man laughing), add a little of Burnt Offering’s Attack on Sandpoint (happy festival chatter, flirty laugh, enjoying the games (if there is, say, a skating race on or something), happy town life, even children screaming, as that sounds like overly-rambunctious toddlers giving happy shrieks). Friendly Tavern can give you a fireplace crackle, and bright rowdiness. (If your Christmas Party is the sort to have relatives devolve into a fistfight over a slight, you may want to have Tavern Brawl on tap.)

For snow and wind sounds, you can use Icy Wasteland, which has lots of wind, plus people walking in snow. If you want the wind to rattle the windows, get Spires of Xin-Shalast’s Whispers on the Wind, the element “inside Vekker’s cabin.”

If you’d like some sledding sounds, use Sci-Fi player’s Mountain of Madness, the dog sled element, and chuck in the occasional horse whinny from Brindle Town. Mountain of Madness also has snowshowing sounds and additional walking in snow sounds (just turn off the freaking music/effects elements until it’s time to kick the party up a notch).

2 Likes