Chapter 7 Rime of the Frostmaiden feedback

Not to complain, as I really appreciate the early access and opportunity to use the soundsets for my game now, but… the cymbals in the “Icewind Dale combat lower key even more” are so loud and so frequent in the mix that they are distracting for the DM and players.
If you could just pull those back in that mix, it would be great! Thx for taking my the time to read, and possibly consider my feedback. Fan for life!

@sn0wraven Do you mean the cymbals in the music track mix or another element that is running simultaneously?

Edit: do you have a mood where this is obviously audible? The problem is to make a mix that is sounding identically on every device and an example would come in handy.

@sn0wraven I checked on various speaker systems and i guess that you are using headphones? Most headphones are pretty dynamic and tend to emphasize higher frequencies aka the cymbals. As those are part of the composition there isn’t really much one can do. :frowning:

As a workaround: make a copy of the soundset in question and adjust the volume of the music element until the loudness is right for you.

It might very well be that there is a faulty volume setting on a specific mood (and that can be fixed), but to check i need to know if this is happening on only certain mood(s).