Cannot launch creator; ConnectFail Timeout/DisconnectedByHost - FIXED

I meant what happened before the message you mentioned in the OP occurred? In post 15 you said that over installing solved the problem for a while. But obviously it came back. What happened before that? If it worked then,something must have changed later.
Could it be started only once and upon next start the error reoccurred?

It is strange though that you seem to be the only one getting that erratic behaviour of the Creator. Can you give more details of the system you’re running it on?

Nothing specific. I shut down creator when I was done using it and then next time I tried to start it up I got the problem described. I agree something must have changed but whatever it was is quite opaque. It does seem like after the first time I launch creator the next time I launch it with player.exe it has the above problems.

The system it’s running on is a Intel Core i7-6700 with 16GiBs of ram. I have an 120GiB SSD for my windows drive and a 6-drive raid-10 array totaling 6TB for storage. I use a dedicate raid card to handle the raid array for performance reasons (I need high sequential write throughput for real-time lossless video recording). The system runs Windows 10.1 Pro 64bit. Anything else specific?

Like I said, I believe the issue was “unique” to me because I was launching via “player.exe” instead of “Syrinscape SoundSet Creator.exe.” When I created the quick launch shortcut I did not realize the creator was actually two separate processes working together.

But the approach I used for creating said quicklaunch shortcut is pretty standard and I’d assume anyone else that does the same would have similar problems. I can only assume no one else has done so. From experience a lot of your average computer users don’t realize they can pin shortcuts to the taskbar for quick access.

Hi, same thing happened to me. I haven’t been able to solve it yet. I tried re-installing several times with no success.

I’m no computer tech, so any suggestions of how I can fix this? Or at least what can I try?

Thanks!

Are you running Windows 10, too? Do you get the exact same error message? Also - did it work for you at any time or haven’t you been able to start the Creator ever? Have you checked, if you can log in into the regular website?

Hi, @marcmundet :smile:

If you’re getting this error… it means the server component of the creator is NOT running.

How are you starting up the Creator?

Hi!

I’m running Windows 10. I get the exact error message. It worked fine for a while and then stopped working for an unknown reason. And I can log in into the regular website.

I’ve tried reinstalling a couple of times. First on top of the existing one and also uninstalling and installing a new. Same result.

Thanks for the helping hand!

Hi Ben,

I start it using the desktop icon. Not sure if this was the answer you’re looking for… sorry I’m not a computer expert :frowning:

I also get a message just at the beginning saying: “manage returned -1”
Then it goes to “Cheking samples” and “Connecting” -> “Time out” -> “Disconnected by host” -> “AutoReconnecting”

I also noticed that even if I close the window it keep running at the background. I have to shut it down from the “Task Manager”

What do you think of it?

Thanks for your help!

P.D.- Sorry if some of the “computer terms” are not right, my computer is in spanish so I’m translating as best as I can.

What version of the creator are you using? When you start it there is this little windows with the Syrin and in the lower left corner there is a version number of the software. Plus, the installer file has the version number in it. Make sure you’re using this version:

Syrinscape-SoundSet-Creator-Setup-0.8.1-20161212

Oo yes,

There’s a new version of the Creator since about 1 month ago… have you installed since then?

I tried downloading the latest version yesterday. Still the same results :frowning: (It’s version 0.8.1 - 20161212)

I’m having the same problem. When I launch the creator I get a fatal error: “manage returned -1”. If I go into my program files and try and launch the player.exe, it alternates between connecting and ConnectFail_Timeout. This is all after I tried reinstalling it to fix the issue, so I’m running the latest version.

That only affects the Creator, right? You can run all players flawlessly? Have you installed an anti-virus solution? Maybe this interferes with Syrinscape, as the app needs to open the browser.
Or maybe it’s a firewall thing. Maybe the Creator demands a port that is blocked by eg. router firewall. Ask @benjamin or @Steve about specific on ports and stuff.

No antivirus. And I’m not sure if this is all it affects–I only use the creator on PC since it is PC-only. I’m running it on Windows 10 bootcamped on a mac machine, and other than one or two games this is the only thing I use this computer for. It worked totally fine before, but Windows 10 did an update and it stopped working.

Yay… for updates breaking things!!!

Maybe have a look at the built in virus protection that comes with Windows 10… se if you need to whitelist there?

I am not familiar with the term here - bootcamped. Does this mean that you’re using some virtual machine to run Windows 10 on a Mac? Because I have Windows 10 on a “regular” PC running with all updates installed and have no problem at all.

+1, exact same problem and symptoms. This is a fresh install on a brand new laptop running Windows 10.

I’m also now getting the “Fatal Error”, “Manage returned -1” error on the SoundSet Creator. It was working fine for a few days and now I just get this error every time I launch. I’ve tried re-installing, running as admin from install directory etc. but nothing seems to be working. :confused:

Hi @bakerc1988, This normally means that you have a broken sample in your database which is preventing Syrinscape SoundSet Creator from loading. Take a look HERE for details on how to find it and remove it.

Hopefully that should then work fine! (Crosses fingers)

Let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

Worked perfectly, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent! glad you got it sorted. We are aiming to make the Creator less picky about file formats which should help prevent this in the future but for now make sue you use WAV or OGG files that are 44k,16bit with ALL meta data removed. :slight_smile: