CandleKeep Mysterys

Hello,

Just wondering if there any sounds bits for the Candlekeep Mysteries adventures? (Not Descent into Avernus ones)

1 Like

Library of Arcana works GREAT in my opinion but bear in mind each adventure is in a different setting though and I’ve only explored a couple.

I’d say Library of Arcana is PERFECT for Book 1
This is what I’d suggest for the others:
Descent into Avernus: Baldur’s Gate for Book 2
CoS: Walls of Ravenloft or Death House for Book 3
Book 4 is a difficult one. I suggest Phandalin and I made a note that ROTF: Thermalaine might also work

That’s as far as I’ve got so far with my own adventures but I’m making notes as I go

Ok thanks Vicki, I will take a look at your suggestions (or a listen lol)

1 Like

Hi Vicki,

Any recommendations for the later books in Candlekeep Mysteries?

I don’t yet own Candlekeep Mysteries; tell me what places, moods, monsters, and whatnot you’re looking for and I will do what I can to recommend some sets for you!

The one I am getting ready to run is called Shemshime’s bedtime rhyme. It’s entirely done inside the firefly cellar in candlekeep. Adventures get locked in because everyone starts humming the rhyme and that leads to more ghastly events. So different humming was something I was looking for. Plus something quite with people maybe reading. Also encounters with ghastly apperitions maybe. Sorry I’m still new to Syrinscape but I’m wanting to learn as much as I can to give my players a great experience.

1 Like

I actually haven’t got that far yet unfortunately. Shemshines is the one my other half is most excited to run for me when we have time so Ive been banned from looking at it LOL.

But having read your description, there will definitely be elements of whispering, and chanting and reading available in our library of sounds. No doubt Holly will have some great suggestions.

Hi there!

There are a few humming tracks - Bell Monk Temple has elements called “bell monk one”, “bell monk two”, and “bell monk three”. Elven Day Night has an element called “meditations”. Library of Arcana also has an element called “mad voices” that is a wordless voice thing. They’re not precisely of the rhyme sort, but running all together and put low in volume, that may work for what you need.

For quiet reading, using the Library of Arcana has some elements (“flipping pages”, “cloth flapping”) as does Candlekeep (“library intertia”, “reading books”, “footsteps in the library”).

Ghastly apparitions can be done with several sets, but Library of Arcana has a lot of eerie horror elements you could layer in as things get spooky. Then there’s Deserted House (which has several ghostly elements), Wraith Battle, and then the Lucky Bones set has a Wretchghost Battle mood that is also really cool.

1 Like