Can you make a soundset for monsters? Or many?

Can you make a sound for monsters? like, monsters DnD, sci fi … roars, grunts, punchs into walls and doors, heavy steps…?

perhaps other for animals and natural noises?

as aways thank you for the best game companion app!!

Erich

There are sets for many, many monsters. There’s not a “generic” monster set, but rather sets for many creatures, Dragon Battle, Ogre Battle, Ettin Battle, Bugbear Battle, Tiger Battle, Giant Rat Battle, etc.

I made a campaign of all battles (human or otherwise) - https://syrinscape.com/account/campaigns/5620-c790e73239/

There are a lot of natural animal noises available as well, usually linked to particular locations. There are birds in dozens of soundsets, wolves, bears, horses, cows, chickens, sheep, and more. What in particular are you looking for? I can help point you to the soundsets you need!

thank you, I’ll take a look.

but since I dont have a subscription, to purshase all this sound sets would be prohibitive and a subscription at the moment is not an option (gaming has become a intermittent event, and since i’m in Brazil the currency exchange value from USD to BRL is, right now, unreasonable. )

Ah, instead I can perhaps recommend the best 3-6 soundsets that will get you the most bang for your buck?

The Fantasy Player currently comes with (for free), Bugbear Battle, Witchwood, Brindle Town, Storm, Red Dragon City Raid, Creepy Shopkeeper, Dungeon Depths, and Friendly Tavern.

Bugbear Battle can cover most human and humanoid battles, big or small. Red Dragon City Raid has a lot of good dragon/breath weapon sounds.

If you want punches and whatnot, you could get Tavern Brawl (punches, ouchy noises, rambunctious tavern music, things breaking) or Oriental Tavern (different environment tavern, punches and kicks).

For a fight with a large animal, Tiger Battle covers anything big and predatory (tiger, bear, etc). Also comes with jungle sounds, so bonus!

Ogre Battle, Ettin Battle, or Stone Giant Battle will suit for anything big and two-legged.

If you intent for your players to fight anything mechanical, Clockwork Entities is great for that.

Undead Battle for anything that won’t stay in the grave.

For something smaller, Goblin Battle, Kobold Lair, or Giant Rat Battle would work. Goblin Battle includes explosions, Kobold Lair includes additional trap sounds, and Giant Rat Battle includes a creepy abandoned building.

If you want something flying, Flying Fiend or Nightgaunt is perfect. And in the odd occasion you’re going to fight an ooze, Ooze Battle is what you want (also has sewer sounds).

Several generic battle and spell sounds are included as the universal one-shots, so those should cover most of what you’re likely to meet!

3 Likes

wow! thank you!
I was not expecting such a complete answer! I will most definitely look at these sound sets!
anyway if I can help in any way just send me a message!

Erich

1 Like