Bug with windows application

I’ve got a windows 10 tablet that I installed this on. The app doesn’t handle changing the tablet orientation at all. So lets say I start the app when it’s horizontal, I flip the tablet to vertical, it resizes to fit, but the content still thinks the resolution is the other way so everything is squished/stretched.

Hmm ok that’s a bit odd, I’ve not heard that before. It seems to work fine on my iPad so I will have to take a look on a windows tablet and see what happens. have you adjusted the interface size at all in settings or is that still set at 100%?

I don’t believe I’d messed with any settings when I noticed this. It was practically the first thing I noticed after I installed it. I’m curious, do you guys xamarin (or something similar) to have a like-ui between different devices, or do you build a native UI for each device? It would make sense that it wouldn’t be seen on something designed native for a mobile interface. “Windows” doesn’t usually change like that on the fly (outside of a windows tablet).

The players are built using Unity and to my knowledge they are designed with a native UI for each OS but @Benjamin is certainly the best person to be able to answer that one for you.

It may be that your resolution issue is directly related to you using a Windows tablet but as I say we can certainly look into that for you to see if that is the case. I know that it works fine on a normal Windows desktop as well as Mac, Android and iOS, so hopefully it’s something we can sort for you :smile:

1 Like

Everything still works with it, it’s just the UI doesn’t handle the resolution swap on the windows tablet. It works fine as expected on my android phone (and I would assume my android tablet, but I haven’t tried). Without even trying on my phone I would’ve guessed it was unique to the windows app (again, because windows doesn’t usually change resolution like that). Though I would’ve expected Unity to take care of that kind of thing–I haven’t used Unity in ~5 years, though, so I really have no idea of what it can/can’t do at this point.

2 Likes