Background images for custom Soundsets - again

Yes I know Ben’s said that we can send him our pictures and he’ll upload them into our soundsets for us, (which is awesome by the way), but I was wondering if there had been any headway in making it possible for us to do this ourselves with the Creator?

As an interim measure, would it be possible to change things so that custom soundsets have a default, neutral background, rather than picking up the image of the previously loaded soundset?

This isn’t just an aesthetic matter, there’s a real functional issue. Some of us aren’t getting any younger and our eyesight isn’t what it was :slight_smile: Some of the soundset background images, beautiful as they are, can make it harder to read the text of elements and one-shots, both by being noisy and detailed and/or by having bright areas behind light coloured text. (Running the Net and Starship are two particularly bad examples of this) This might look OK on a big monitor during testing, but when you’re mid-game on a notebook, tablet or phone with a smaller screen in what might be less than ideal lighting, having to squint to see which one-shot is the “Fire Photon Torpedoes” and which is the “Self Destruct” can be a real pain in the proverbial and can really slow down the game.

I’d even go so far as to say I’d like to see a an option in the program settings “Hide background images” that replaced all the background images with plain and dark defaults.

Yes, both these things are a good idea:

1. The first one has been implemented and is working on our staging (test) server, I just need to test it properly before we push it to production, but then Starfinder and GenCon arrived… so secpect that soon
  2. Yes, VERY good idea, that will help all visually impaired people. I’ve added it to the to do list. (Even a variable dark overlay?)
1 Like

Brilliant news, thanks!