Apple Airplay 2

Heard you. Have you tried the Syrinscape Online Setup. That way you’ll be able to run Syrinscape from within any browser window and have the sound coming out of a device plugged into your stereo system off to the side.

You can nav away from the browser window without interrupting the sound.

Give it a try, and let me know how you get on! :slight_smile:

Sure, I can try that… I haven’t set that up yet, it works on iOS?

Did you ever get this working in any way that doesn’t involve 2 devices? The “online setup” thing says that it’s not on iOS or Android yet, so the only option I can see is to have a laptop or something hooked up to the speakers and then controlling it from the iPad?

Either way, that’s kind of a crap solution for something that should require just a single device.

Agreed. This “works”, but is not a real solution.

I would love airplay support as well so I can get Syrinscape running through my sonos speakers (or a sonos app, that would be good too!)

1 Like

Yep! It’s definitely on our list of TODOs. And definitely significantly higher since all the comments on this thread! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Joining the chorus of people who want AirPlay support! It could easily be the make or break for me going SuperSyrin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

I too would love Syrinscape on the Sonos!

I have emailed them: the website Syrinscape needs to visit is https://developer.sonos.com/

Please do so!

Thanks,

Ryan

1 Like

Just curious @benjamin - do we have an update on the time table for this? :slight_smile:

The next thing on our list of to dos… is to do a comprehensive user survey and allow people to prioritise the long list of proposed improvements to the Player Apps…

So stay tuned for that, and make sure you voice is heard!!!

(Once we get the Online Player 99% stable)

(Which it almost is)

(:hammer:)

1 Like

In the year since this was posted, any news on AirPlay support?

Thanks!

2020 is looking good for turning our attention for a long due bit of lvve for the Stand Alone Players… soooo stay tuned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s 2021! So How bout now?

Yes, there’s been plenty happening behind closed doors on the Players.

Audio Output device is working in-house (not sure if that actually fixes Apple Airplay yet) (but we shall see).

…and some other very useful things as well, which I can’t talk about yet.

And LOTS of bug fixes over the last few months (and more to come)!

Stay tuned!

1 Like

Yes, please add Airplay, must be able to stream to HomePod minis…

1 Like

Ditto here! We still want Airplay integration. I just picked up my own Homepod Minis and I would love to stream directly to them! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

I was looking for exact that and found this app

Worked for me

2 Likes

Any solution to this yet? really want to use airplay, specifically homepod minis with this, or will need to find another sound solution that works.

Heya,

I gather various people have found various solutions to this. Have you tried any of the ideas above?

Sorry we haven’t been able to get a native solution sorted yet. :frowning:

Thanks for a prompt response, but I don’t see a viable solution, above anyway.

The app mentioned above, Connect Speaker and Headphones, cited in 2018 takes a subscription and is currently rated only 1.4 on the App Store, so unless someone confirms it works in 2022 for getting the sound from ipad to homepod mini, I’m not inclined to pay to subscribe to it.

If there are other work arounds, I’m happy to try.