App Won't Download Playlists

Hello,

I’ve been using Syrinscape for years and have come up against the first issue that I can’t resolve. I’ve recently updated my MacBook and the Syrinscape App won’t recognize being online to download the different playlists. I’m completely connected to the internet, I just don’t know what else to do to use the software.

Thank you,

Hmm… That’s annoying, I’m sure!

So… I suppose something MUST be blocking Syrinscape’s access to the internet. I’m not a MAC person, but I suppose there is a firewall, or something that pops up to make you allow access to apps on an app by app basis. Can you investigate down that line.

Any other thoughts, @ryan.cassar?

Let us know if you have any success! Good hunting!

That is quite strange indeed! I can say Steve passed this onto me a few days ago, and I just got around to looking at it (sorry!).

Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce it myself.

The “Failed to retrieve manifest…” banner message at the top suggests some sort of network connectivity issue, but it could also be a corrupted local cache of the relevant manifest files. I believe @matthewtmauk is running from a clean slate in this case however.

Some simple things to try would be to install one of the other Offline Players (Sci-Fi or Board Game) and see if they behave the same, and you could as a work around Campaign Manager them into the cross-genre player (which it seems like you have done for Alien from Alien already :slight_smile: ), or try the same Player on a different platform, like on a smart phone. These sorts of steps can eliminate server-wide/account-wide issues that may be happening.

On top of the above, I have given Steve some more potential follow up points, and hopefully we can track down what’s going on via that support ticket :hammer: