Apes, Snakes, Skeletons

I’m a fantasy subscriber and looking in vain for battle sounds for three opponents:

1. an ape-sounding creature. The closest I’ve found is the Hyaenadon stuff
  2. a snake. There’s the boa constrictor hiss on Down Comes Rain but it’s just one hiss.
  3. skeletons. Can there really be no battle sound for one of the most common low-level opponents?

Any help much appreciated!

Ape - The Jungle (tropical) set has an ape one-shot, both close and distant, as well a monkey hoots element, as does the Tiger Battle set. Sci-Fi player’s Kaiju Island also has a giant ape element. Misgivings House also has a “monkey head” one-shot with some very loud monkey sounds. Ettin Battle has chest beating and great big feet elements.

Snake - For snake-y combat, I recommend Angel in the Tower, the mood “Xanesha”. Turn off the ambient noises (creaking stairs and whatnot) and go with just her sounds. The Xanesha is a lamia, a half-snake, and her serpent noises are excellent. Fort Rannick’s Lucrecia mood is also a lamia fight with more snake goodness!

Skeletons - Undead Battle and Zombie Battle both have some bony sounds, and Nightgaunt Battle has a great skeleton bones element, and Shadow Giants as a good skeleton crackles element.

I hope that helps!

1 Like