Any updates on web player possibility?

I’ve been attempting to find a way to stream music to players for online games for a while, and Syrinscape Online seems to be a perfect fit - but for the fact my players are incredibly resistant to using the Online Player (in any shape or form) due to needing to sign up for an account, login, and keep the player up to date manually.

I’ve experimented with virtual audio cables into discord/discord bots and unfortunately haven’t been thrilled with the audio quality owing to inconsistent upload speeds on my end.

For a while I was using a (free!) program on Steam called RPG Sounds which was exactly what I was after (upload music tracks into playlists, open an online room, players follow link to start listening immediately through a browser which can also play in the background on mobile/tablet) but the online functionality seems to have very recently been broken and no word from the developer when that might be fixed.

After much googling, I stumbled across a reply from one of the Syrinscape team in a post a few years back about the potential for Syrinscape Online to do a similar thing and stream to players through a web browser, and am wondering how far along that might be, if at all. It would really be the perfect solution for tables like me where players struggle with uptake on additonal software and where GMs might not have the upload speed to support streaming local audio direct from their devices.

2 Likes