Another one bites the... upload - FIXED!

Hey there!

It’s probably me being stupid, but I have a soundset that does finish its upload, but simply won’t appear to download in the Player. I tried all the fixes that you listed in the known issues thread, but that didn’t help. Could you please check my set “Bodenkampf”?

Thanks!
Heinz

Hey there! I encountered the same problem and it turns out the fix was ultra easy. If you are on windows 10 then you need to make sure to run as administrator or else the upload will do exactly what you are experiencing. Also, you need to clean out (delete) all files in the “Syrinscape Creator>Media>Export” directory. So, close down the creator, clean out that folder, then run the creator as an administrator. Hopefully it fixes it! :smiley:

@Horse I cleaned the Export-Folder, and usually that works - but it did not with this Soundset. And I’m not on Windows10, but I will try to run it as an Admin. Thanks!

I am having the same issue for my game this saturday night. Made 6 soundssets in the creator, which is kinda buggy by itself. Closing the Creator does not close all the processes, which makes a next start impossible until i kill the process manually.

The first upload of the soundset went okay. From the second set forwared every upload was put into the Media/Export folder and did not do anything until i restarted the Creator (which first needed to be killed in the taskmanager)
I did so with every single one of the 5 sets. Eventually i got them all uploaded.

Now, starting the player i have soundset 1 twice, soundset 2 once and soundsets 3,4,5 and 6 cannot be found.

Working on Win10 with full admin rights here.

UPDATE: Or i could read the known issues post first, in which both problems are being mentioned. My “Categories” dropdown box was empty on soundset 3,4,5 and 6 and noticed an empty Reverb setting somewhere. Re-uploading set 3 worked, So i assume i can fix the others with being not stupid as well.

Only issue now, is that i have duplicate soundsets showing up in the Player. Can i delete the ones that are duped?

*Leaving this here as “Post of failure+1”, perhaps someone else will learn :smile:

2 Likes

So, tried running it as an Admin, cleaned everything out, even killed all the .wav-Files in it to be sure (leaving just the .ogg). Upload works, it shows up in my campaign manager… but not in the Player. I’m stumped.

You might want to check this post, the issue is almost the same:

Until the next Creator version is out, one has to be very thorough while creating soundsets, especially with self-created samples… :wink:

After many, many attempts (and still not getting what the error really was) i managed to upload all 6 soundsets.

Since i cannot do it myself, could any admin delete the following (duplicate) sets:
[Ahvaela C1S1] 01. Intro The Batterered Hat (1)
[Ahvaela C1S1] 03. Caged and Burned -> The original, not the (1) version!
[Ahvaela C1S1] 04. Cave in, Cave out (1)
[Ahvaela C1S1] 05. Goblin Battle -> The original, not the (1) version!
[Ahvaela C1S1] 06.

Thanks a bunch, i hope these upload issues will be resolved soon!

@mias_nl I deleted wrong or defect uploads in the campaign manager (and in the Creator and the Player, of course). Seemed to work well so far…

Hi @mias_nl, Yes like Heinz said you should be able to delete the soundsets yourself by clicking on them in the campaign manager on the main website. Let us know though if you have any problems and we can have a look for you :smile:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I would do it myself, but i cannot find any of my soundsets on the webpage. I can create a campaign, but my soundsets do not show up between the ready-made soundsets.

They are not sorted in alphabetically! They are at the bottom of the soundset list. :wink:

Sweet! I managed to remove them. Thanks!

(Although that does mean the search function isn’t working. I tried searching for “Ahvae” and “C1S1” but it found nothing. I assumed they weren’t there.

Thankt for the help guys!

2 Likes

No problem. Anytime.

Sooooo… you can mark this as fixed. Some .ogg was wonky somewhere - complete reupload of all elements helped. I guess I overlooked some metadata somewhere… I really don’t know. Sorry if I wasted someone’s time. :-/

1 Like

No worries! Glad to hear you got it sorted. Eventually we will have it that meta data doesn’t cause a problem but for now it’s definitely worth watching out for

1 Like