Android online player is old

Hello,
I’ve installed the Syrinscape Online Player via the Google Play Store today and it’s still only at v1.4.12. The message in the app itself says it’s old and I should upgrade to v1.4.13.
How do I go about doing that?
I’m hoping 1.4.13 will fix the issue that sounds/music will not play if the app is running in the background, as the app is almost useless without this feature.

Version v1.4.13 has only just been released, you can download it from our downloads page and from the Google Play Store as soon as they update the version available. https://syrinscape.com/download/

This build does not include Background play however. Syrinscape is a powerful app, often playing 20+tracks at any one time. When mobile devices put programs to the background they also limit the amount of resources that they can use, which means programs like Syrinscape and other multi-mixers are not given enough resources to run. That is sadly a limitation of mobile devices at the moment rather than the App. If your device is capable of running split screen then use that instead. With Split screen, system resources are not limited and you will be able to easily run Syrinscape and a web browser for example.

Oh, that’s unfortunate. I use a Chromebook which supports splitscreen, but it seems the app does not. It must be fully active in order to work. But aside from that, splitscreen is not ideal either when you’re using a VTT (I use Foundry) and want as much screen real estate as possible for it. Having to share the screen with the online player just to hear sounds/music is a big drawback. Hoping you find a way to make this work, or provide a more seamless way for us to enjoy your soundscapes without the need for the online player.