Alien RPG soundset recommendations?

Folks, with such a great job of Call of Cthulhu wondering if there’s already been a reach-out to Free League re: their Alien RPG game? Appreciating that 2-th Century Fox will have licencing for any particular sounds but a wide range of soundsets here would work really well!

There is a set on the Sci-Fi player called Alien from Alien!

Yep, as much as we would love to build content for the Aliens RPG it is 20th Centaury that own the rights and not Free League, so getting a license to produce any content would be extremely difficult.

But as @HECook said, we have built a homage soundset already for Aliens, which is found in the Sci-fi player and there are already LOTS of other soundsets that would work well for and aliens game. I recently used Abandoned Space Station and Frozen Moon in a game that I ran

So the recommendations to put together for unspecified W-Y Xenos is . . .
(1) the homage set,
(2) Abandoned Space Station
(3) Frozen Moon
… Any others that are custom recommended by the Syrin-skilled?

I know the generic space doors and flamethrower are helpful too.
Do we have a motion tracker that is passable?
What most sounds like the loader?
Do we have any eggs-like hatching?
Do we have a sarge yelling?
Some crying would work for the kid and the coward marine so that is probably been made.
Do we have a burst option on the rifles or only single shot?
I’m So Excited!!!

If you have Supersyrin, there’s a community soundset called Horror on Tau Sigma 7, which is for an Aliens game, just FYI. Has some useful sounds, music, and ambiance.

Motion Tracker - Shipboard, the scanner one-shot
Flamethrower - generic one-shot in Sci-Fi Player
Burst option on rifles - Modern Weapons set
Kid Crying - Modern Graveyard, Black Magga Battle (Tabitha screaming is good one for panic), Werewolf Den, Old Bonegrinder
Hudson panicking - I’d use the GenCon set, there are a number of guys panicking there!
Loader - Spacedock, use the “machinery” and “servos and lifts” elements
Sarge - Battle of Wolven Pass has a “Hold!” one-shot, and the USRE sets have some “combat taunts” elements, TTRC Act 3 has a “commands” element with a few phrases
Eggs - Horror on Tau Sigma 7 or Quasi-Organic Vessel

Hope that helps!

1 Like

I built a private set to use in my home game using most of the sounds the @HECook mentioned above, which works great. I can’t share that, due to it using music from one of the computer games, but I may look to switch those out for some original music. Everything else is already in the app, so making it as Community Content for Alien should be very easy.