A Real Crossfade? - FIXED

Hi guys! I’m using syrinscape soundest creator, is very cool but I think that in MAC version the crossfade between 2 music doesn’t work really good…it makes only a long or a short fade out, and not a real crossfade

The crossfade feature is a little buggy, yes. It doesn’t seem to work on a linear fading scale, so you won’t get even fade in/out.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about… hmmm… crossfading is what Syrinscape is all about. :smiley:

That said, the existing Creator has a few bugs in Playback that we have never ironed out. And since we are replacing it completely (soon) we have not been working hard on fixing them.

BUT Can you give me a specific set of instructions to reproduce what you are experiencing? Maybe even attach samples for me in import myself… there may not actually be a Syrinscape problem here, but a problem with whitespace in your samples… OR the settings you are using.

I have probably fixed all :smiley:

now I reupload all this soundset and I’ll see if it’s all right :smiley:

1 Like

Keep asking for help, and guve us details of your upload time and name etc… there is info we can get off our servers etc… = error messages etc.

I was refering to the exact timing, that the fade mechanism uses, which is off by a couple of milliseconds. We talked about it some time ago, I might still have the test soundset somewhere… Especially at short loop repetitions and longer crossfade times, there are those glitches, that can occur from time to time. :wink:

Yes, the Players are NOT focused on exact timing of sample overlaps. :smile:

But I’d still like to get to the bottom of what @frederickvonguss means by Syrinscape not doing a ‘real crossfade’. We actually specifically have used an equal power cross fade… with all sorts of nice maths.

Tells us more @frederickvonguss

I have fixed all
Now is perfect and it’s all done! :smiley:

1 Like

Yayay! :smile:

[extra characters characters characters]