3rd Party Soundboard Integration?

Hi guys,

I really like using the PodcastSoundboard App (https://podcastsoundboard.com),
I own several packs through subscription and through purchase. Though I am not a supersyrinscape sub therefore we use the online player to play sounds locally and then to send them through using https://audiomovers.com/wp/. We play in Fantasy Grounds, so with this setup were able to hear the cast spells, and weapons attacks ect.

Along with the online player, I use a soundboard to trigger local sounds that I found and liked, like I use several sounds from Heroes of Might and Magic 3 like the next week tune :yum:

Though I was wondering if in the future I could play some of my purchased content through other soundboards?

The podcast soundboard looks really interesting. This isn’t my area of expertise so I’ll let someone else weigh in on this one but thanks for opening up this topic for discussion.

~Vicki

That looks really cool. Haven’t seen that one. I’m using RPG Sounds (free app on steam), but that program you posted looks great too.

As to your question, the only way I know how to do it would be to record and download purchased sounds and then put them in a soundboard. Not ideal as you lose all the other benefits of the player, but right now I think that is it.

As to your question about future (since you probably already knew what I typed above), I think Ben has stated before he doesn’t plan something like that becuase of all the functionality of Syrinscape players, but I’ll let him weigh in.

I did see something about url in the program. Do you know if you have to download the file on your hardrive or will it play from the url? If the latter you might be able to trick it and do a shortcut on your desktop and play as a uri. I showed how that works in a fantasygrounds post a year or two ago. Keep us posted.

Syrinscapes soundsets are made up of hundreds/thousands of individual samples, each with there own settings. It’s the Syrinscape app that puts all of those sounds together to create our beautifully rich non-repeating sounds. Think of Syrinscape as less of a soundboard and more of a multi-mixer, combining all of those individual tracks.

But Syrinscape is built with inbuilt third-party integration, so any program that allows you to trigger URI’s should allow you to trigger Syrinscapes sounds. That means Syrinscape still plays and handles the sounds but other programs can be used to control them (for example Fantasy Grounds using Mattekure’s Fantasy Grounds Syrinscape Links extension) . Let us know if that works with Podcastsoundboard, it would be interesting to try out :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your kind responses and input :blush:!!

I tried making a URI shortcut and was able to import it into Sounboard, though it wasn’t able to play the Syrinscape Sounds through it. Though I intend to write to the developer, he has a contact page where you can give feedback and ask for feature requests :blush:, then as gwydione also demonstrated in his old vid, enabling 3rd party integration in the Fantasy Player to create Uri links, could be used to set up sounds for podcastsoundboard :yum: maybe I could prompt him that Syrinscape users may find it very interesting if he would make his app play URI’s :yum:

1 Like