Soundset uploaded from the Creator - missing in Player - FIXED

I give up, please take a look to my latest version of this soundsets:

• Deadlands - Ixion’s Music
  • Looming Misfortune - Ixion’s Music

I’ve tried to fix the bitrate, also resampling the wav files in the samples creator folder. Fixed and reuploaded several times.

The upload process hit 100%.
I can see both the soundsets in my campaign manager.
But they won’t show up in the player.

I’ll have a look. I should be able to see the error on the task flower of our server.

One moment!

So the error I get is:
“DataError(‘value too long for type character varying(63)\n’,)”

I’ll ask the dev team, what that one might mean.

1. Any very long filenames?
  2. Any very long element or mood names?

I’ve triggered a process and the SoundSets seem to be there now.

Have a download and see what specifically might be missing now… and that’s probably the culprit?

Let me know how you go!

Though, for the moment, I am going to bed. :smiley:

yeah probably there is some name file very long

Aaaaand is the SoundSet complete and working for you now, or do you need to upload again?

Ben

Sadly still not working. Both sondest now shown in the player, but for both there are missing some moods and a lot of element don’t play any sound.
So starting to try to fix the Looming Misfortune - Ixion’s Music soundset.
Shortened the longest names. Canceled the previous soundset from the campaign manager. Reuploaded the new version.
It’s shown in the campaign manager, but missing in the player.
Any hint from the server?
Wich is the max name lenght the server want?

In the meanwhile I’m shortening the names for the other soundset Deadlands Music.

Sry my bad, I was on the wrong player :stuck_out_tongue:

The Looming Misfortune soundset is correctly shown inside my fantasy player … and it works perfectly!!

Going to fix the other soundest in the same way. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Ooo! Yay!

So long filenames are the culprit?!

NOTE: Do allow the server 10-15mins to process. If it’s a busy time there’s quite a lot of transcoding and processing the server has to do.

We are aiming to give more feedback on processing in the future.

Keep us updated! :smile:

And also the Deadlsnds Music soundset is fixed! It sounds in my payer like a charm!!!
Yes shortening all the names has solved the problem. Tnx for the hint.

More feedback could help to know the issue. Maybe a feedback inside the creatror, after the upload process from the server, like a copy of the error log issued from to server to a specific client creator?
At the moment the creator log stop to report messages at the end of the upload process, with a message like this:

Uploading sounset: nomeofthesoundset (80%)
Uploading sounset: nomeofthesoundset (90%)
Uploading sounset: nomeofthesoundset (100%)
The server is processing the soundset. This can take several minutes …
The server successfully processed the soundset — or – The server found a problem (followed by the error log)

Yep. Totally definitely.

1. In fact as of the end of the year… you’ll actually be editing your content on the servers directly with no delays. The only wait times will be uploading actual samples (which will only happen once for each new sample).
  2. Transcoding and handling will all happen on our ONE server, so we can make sure it works AND implement handling of mp3s and even other unusual codecs.
  3. Working hard on this! :slight_smile: