Sounds Keep PLaying

Strange things going on today.

I am building some soundsets and I switch between moods, only to find that sounds that are supposed to turn off, are not, so then I click the stop button, and they keep playing. I switch to a different mood, and no help. So the only way I can turn them off is to click on them to make sure they are off.

What’s odd about this is that the buttons don’t show them active, they are grey, but yet the timer wheel going around the button is still moving, but yet it is grey.

1.4.5-20190820
136ms s1
Sample upload 100%

It seems the only way I was able to fix this, was to click on the sounds (female spell and male spell), make sure that the timer wheel was done, then save the current state again. Odd…

This can be a good opportunity to kill and restart the Online Player app itself…that usually sorts out tangles like what you are describing.

Fixes?

Guys, this issue keeps happening. For example, I am playing this epic dragon attack, and then I change the mood to Aftermath, and guess what, the city is calm and sad but there is still a dragon roaring.

Yeah, that’s the recent hiccup that just happened. Thankfully I am not in game, but this is really annoying because I see it rear its evil head from time to time.

Even when I hit the global stop button, everything but that dragon roar stops. The button is shown as selected, but yet the wheel keeps spinning around it, playing the dragon sounds.

Before I hit the global stop button. Notice the dragon is still playing.

After I hit the global stop button:

@benjamin, yes, closing the player stopped the madness, but hopefully not the permanent solution, because it really isn’t the stopping of the madness that is the issue, its the things playing that shouldn’t be playing when we change moods - that just ruins the ‘mood’, lol :slight_smile:

OK, yet another sounds keep playing issue, this time when I navigate to the Element Playlist and play samples in there. I click on a sample, to start it, then I click it to stop it. Sometimes it stops them and sometimes it plays another over the last one. I haven’t been able to figure out why or when that happens, but it happens. So then I cant turn it off, so then I resort to the global stop and that stops everything but the element playlist.

Now, this JUST happened 5 minutes after I closed and reopened the player. This is all Windows 10 btw in Chrome.Server 1 atm.

So here I am again, goign to have to restart the online player.

After restating, I went right to the sample that was playing, clicked on it, it is playing, but I noticed there is no circle going around the button to show it playing. So I click it again to turn it off, and it is playing a second over the first.

OK, so the issue must be the Chrome side of things and not the online player. Let me refresh Chrome and see what I get.

OK, I refreshed Chrome and the sample is still playing. Let me close Chrome and go back in.

OK, closed Chrome and noticed the sound still playing, so I closed the Online Player as well.

Restarting Chrome has solved the issue, now when I click the sample in the element playlist, there is a circle around it, and if I click it again, it stops. Working as it should.

So what I have gathered a lot over the last couple weeks is that the website experience is really problematic, and solved by restarting Chrome. Note, I also had issues of the same sorts in Edge weeks ago, which made me switch to Chrome because I thought my experience would improve - it has not.

Hope all that feedback helps you guys.

So I used the online player last night during a session. Everything worked as it should, which suggests to me that all the issues that I have been having is somehow triggered during the creation process work flow.

When I create soundsets for upcoming sessions, I do everything from searching libraries for already made material, and copy them into my current, I upload my own material, I look for elements in the library or samples and play them before I copy them over, I copy already created soundsets so that I can edit them, as well as adjust them and listen/delete/add sounds to their playlists.

basically, I use every feature possible in the on-line app when it comes to my creation workflow, and something during that workflow causes the issues to surface.

But just using it as a player, without designing beforehand, doesn’t seem to cause me issues.

I wish I could better narrow it down for you.

Due to the lack of response, I question if this is the right place to talk about deep issues or is there is a dev group I can join to discuss dev matters? Do you guys have a slack or discord group I could join to help discuss bugs? PM me if so.

I have a magic about me that seems to discover bugs - it’s like they find me :crazy_face:

Hey man,

Sorry, weekend time here, so I try to only deal with urgent issues (I try any way). :smiley:

Can I take a closer look at this on Monday? (And @sonofconan might have some ideas too). :slight_smile:

In the meantime… sounds maaaaybe like an intermittent connectivity issue?

Honestly? I wasn’t really looking for an immediate solution, just trying really hard to help you guys narrow the cause of the bugs, so that you know where in the code to fix it.