Select Default Output Device - FIXED (You CAN do this!)

Specifically looking to direct the output to my Virtual Audio Cable audio device. This would allow me to play the sounds generated through a separate channel for usage with things like Ventrilo while playing remotely. Two of my players just recently had a baby, and we all decided to use Fantasy Grounds to keep the campaign going, and using Vent for audio. Currently I can do this by using a separate computer and having it connected, but it would be nice to be able to select the output device.

Thanks and keep up the great work! I love this thing. (Combined it with my Phillips Hue bulbs, and now, I have a two touch lighting / audio combination when we play at my house! for even more immersion!)

1 Like

“Phillips Hue bulbs,” = COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Here’s what you need:

1. Syrinscape will get stuck on whatever the default output device is AT THE TIME OF START UP.
  2. So simply select your Virtual Audio Cable device
  3. Start Syrinscape
  4. Syrinscape is now ‘set’ to that Output device
  5. Now make whatever other changes you like.

Does that work for you?!

1 Like

Also check out this info here:

And don’t miss all the other useful bits of info here:
https://forum.syrinscape.com/c/pro-tips-how-to-use-syrinscape-well

Perfect! That thread helped, and now, I just need to test connection to Vent from somewhere else in the house to listen.

My setup is now:
Voice Meeter Hardware Input 1: Mic
Voice Meeter Hardware Input 2: Cable output
(set Virtual Cable as default prior to launching Syrinscape, and set it back to Voice Meeter after Syrin is running.)
Hardware out is just going to my speakers for now (headphones when I am actually running.)

For those using vent, here is an article I stumbled upon for configuring the settings there so it is always on.

The only thing I did different was to pick VoiceMeeter Output as the input device for Vent.

It really is. I have three bulbs that I put around the whole play area. Using their API, and a little C# looping type programming, I now have a few “presets” for things like:

• Tavern - Randomly changing between 6 different orange and orange/yellow colors about every 1/2 second. Gives a nice warm “fire” effect.
  • Moonlight - blues and cool whites static
  • Forest Walk - greens and yellow greens randomly moving around, gives a nice walking under a canopy feel.
  • Sewer - various light greens… this is unsettling with your Sewer sound mix!!
  • Daytime - just that…

Finally, there are some hidden API commands that allow you to send a strobe type effect. I use that sparingly, but I bound that to a button so it will capture state, send the strobe for a 1/2 second, then reset state. I click that, then I click a thunder effect in Syrin. Works really well.

Thanks again for your help, hope this helps someone else in the future.

2 Likes