Output sound issue - FIXED

Hi there,

I just subscribed to Syrinscape Fantasy and, I wan’t use it for my online plays. On my end, sound is perfectly good. but when I send it by Voicemeeter to Discord, following the ProTips #7 and #8, my players tell me that it’s “shitty”.
So, using roll20, I wanted to use the voice broadcast, throught a virtual cable, to broadcast Syrinscape. Same issue. “Shitty sound”.

I don’t Know what to do anymore. Someone having the same issue ?

PS: Sorry for the bad english, french guy here.

I use it via Teamspeak (there’s a How To on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki) and its sounds OK to us

Cheers

I’m no expert on this particular kind of setup, but perhaps:

1. look at bandwidth, is there adequate access for the audio.
  2. look at the bit rates set for the audio transfer
  3. make sure your players have the latest versions of everything and up to date codecs

Here’s the Team Speak tutorial specialized for Syrinscape:

Give that a try?

Hey, and @bakadevil

THANKS for your support!!! :+1:

You’re Welcome, Syrinscape is amazing. That’s why I want my players to enjoy it !

I tried to use TeamSpeak (which allowed me to listen the unfamous “shitty” sound) and… the issue stay the same. The sounds feels like I tried to record from my microphone, for no reason. Sometimes, sound saturates, making the whole horrible.

I just don’t know how to get a better sound with the virtual output.

Ahhh… so maybe there’s something wrong with the capture levels.

Sounds like you might be overdriving the input.

Try putting the master level of Syrinscape (slider at the centre of the bottom) lower?

Already tried this. Same results unfortunatly

These then instead? Sounds like ,maaaaaybe Syrinscape isn’t actually routing correctly? Is the sound your players are hearing coming in through your mic maybe? Can you experiment with running just Syrinscape with no other audio source from your computer and try treaking at both ends with just one player (out of game).

GOTTA get it working!