Music stopping endpoint (or even button)

Is there any unofficial or maybe official endpoint in the API which will turn off all the music-type assets?

When I run games, I use mostly Spotify playlists, but using sounds would still be nice. Turning off music every time I change the mood takes time during the session. One button or switch at the top of the GM control would be of help. But having endpoint is good enough - I can create a bookmark for that.

You could duplicate the soundset, and change the moods to turn off the music - I do not know if thereā€™s a more technical answer, but that is the first thing that comes to mind.

That is not currently possible, but a good feature suggestion!

1 Like

Or maybe it is possible to pull currently playing assets from the API, check their type and then simply turn off all music. That would be a good workaround for the time being :slight_smile:

That wonā€™t work, when I am in a heat of a session :slight_smile: I want to spend as little time on running the mood as possible. Actually, what you suggested is what I did in the past, but that became an issue when I try to run two moods from different sets and need to switch between them.

btw. another feature request (only on the FE side I think): recently visited sounds sets, so I can quickly jump between them if needed.

I can give you tons of ideas, but actually, since you provide an API + web UI, I can think of creating ā€œpluginsā€ for the browser to add some stuff separately. You knowā€¦ community driven :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there Iā€™m not very technically minded but can you not just copy the remote control for STOP and paste somewhere, edit what itā€™s called and then just click that to stop all sounds at the same time?

Depends how you are running sessions I suppose. Online, in person, on a network?

I may have misinterpreted what you mean also so please understand that too.

Itā€™s not about stopping sounds, but the music type only. I didnā€™t have time to check data returned by the endpoints, because perhaps itā€™s easy to get all playing sounds and check their type, then simply stop only the music ones. As I noted above.
I am asking only about some unoficcial endpoints, because apart from that I am an experienced Django developer myself and work with DRF on a daily basis, so itā€™s easy to use for me :wink:

Ah right ok. No worries.

Django was just a film to me until about a week ago. :joy:

1 Like

Note: you can bring up the currently playing elements in the SEARCH tab and stop them for thereā€¦

ā€¦but indeedā€¦ I reckon you shooould be able to develop something using the API that will identify currently playing elements that ARE music and stop those. That sounds like a fun project! :slight_smile: :robot: :hammer:

1 Like

Another idea is to provide a separate volume level bar for music only :wink: I could turn it down to 0 + control it separately.

In case anyone else finds this useful, this turned out to be a lot simpler than I thought it would be. Hereā€™s some example python.

#!/usr/bin/env python3

import json
import requests

AUTH_TOKEN = ''  # TODO

SEARCH_URL = 'https://syrinscape.com/search/?f=json&q=&kind=Music&playing=Now%20Playing&auth_token=' + AUTH_TOKEN

def main():
  with requests.Session() as session:
    r = session.get(SEARCH_URL)
    search_response = json.loads(r.content)
    music_ids = []

for r in search_response['results']:
      music_ids.append(int(r['meta']['id'].lstrip('Element:')))
    print(music_ids)

for id in music_ids:
      r = session.get('https://www.syrinscape.com/online/frontend-api/elements/%d/stop/?auth_token=%s' % (id, AUTH_TOKEN))
      print(r.content)

if __name__ == "__main__":
  main()

~

1 Like