Freezing on startup Windows 10 - possible FIX - FIXED

Running on windows10, with the voicemeeter->skype setup, first time ever installing, and the program freezes on startup. Force close->restart changes nothing, and I have uninstalled/cleared cache/deleted files/reinstalled as instructed here three times with no effect.

I’m starting to get a little frustrated. I really want to be able to use this for my games now that r20 lost soundcloud support, but I’m running out of ideas.

Tentatively found a solution, for anyone else with the same problem. While I was grasping for straws I tried running as admin and it seems to be working now. If anyone has any thoughts as to why this fixed it, I’d love to know, I’m sure it’s something stupid I’m missing

Aaaaaaahhh! That might be really useful!

Syrinscape does write to the app Cache, so there might have been a bit of Windows freaking out about that access.

THANKS for taking the time to help others! :smile: :+1:

As for you:

AND the Pro Tips category in general.

And ALWAYS ask for help here, there’s a good community! :smile:

Thanks for the info!

It’s always a pet peeve to search for a problem and find thirty threads with the same problem and no answer, so I try avoiding it where I can. We can probably move this from possible to definite, the last couple hours have been occupied with fiddling with the program and testing it with my players. no more freezes after running it as admin. My players report a slight stutter on occasion but I’m suspecting VM more than Syrinscape for that.

1 Like