Can Syrinscape be used in Fantasy Grounds - RESOLVED

Hi
Just trying to find out if it’s possible to just use bought sound packs in Fantasy grounds ,without subscription and get them to link with in game triggers.i’m only a casual gamer so play at most twice a month and was looking at specific sound sets for the game that I,m running.
Kind Regards
Darren

You can yes, you just need to use an extension, which allows you to trigger sounds from directly within FG. “The Fantasy Grounds Syrinscape Links” is a great example of this. This thread talks about it a little more; Fantasy Grounds and Syrinscape sounds

Thankyou Steve
For replying so quickly.i,m still learning FG but now i have some more to learn with using sounds in my game.
kind regards
Darren

1 Like

Hey Steve, do you need to be a supersub for players to be able to hear your chat-triggers in FGs, for bought syrinscape content? Even if you have mattekures sound-link/sound-trigger extensions, do you still need a supersub to let other players hear those sounds?

Thanks!

The Fantasy Grounds extension (and Fantasy Grounds itself) does not send the audio anywhere. The extension just triggers your player (Syrinscape Online, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, etc) to play the sound. When using the Syrinscape Online player, a SuperSyrin subscription gives the DM the ability to allow players to join the table and receive the sounds when they are triggered.

However, there are other solutions documented here in the forums of ways to get the audio to your players. Most involve a more complicated setup using software like Voicemeeter and discord, and websites like Cleanfeed. Those methods still work, they just require more work to set up and personally I found the audio quality is lowered somewhat. For my games, Syrinscape Online just works better/easier.

Ok thanks for explaining matterkure!
I love syrinscape and the extension looks awesome, but my group usually only plays a a game once every 1 or 2 months, so to sub 7,15 per month is a bit expensive, for a service you only use so few times. Maybe in the future, they will let you share bought content via the online player.

Maybe I’ll try to look into the other services though!

You will yes, the extension allows you to send the triggers from directly within FG but you still need an active Supersyrin subscription to be able to host games with Syrinscape. That subscription helps to pay for the upkeep of the servers and continued development of Syrinscape Online so it can be used for online gaming

A super Syrin subscription offers a LOT for its price and is definitely worth looking at. Full access to over 500 soundsets plus community built content, full use of Syrinscape Online and the Creator sneak previews of upcoming soundsets and permanent ownership of ANY new content that we release whilst you are subscribing. Last month we released over $40 worth of soundsets, which subscribers had added to their owned catalogs