Any word when 1.2.8.1 for Mac will come?

So I got this app for integration with Fantasy Grounds. Turns out the 3rd party support isn’t available for Mac just yet (on the Fantasy side at least). Since this was really the only reason I got this app, is there any forecast, general or specific, as to when 3rd party support will come for Mac?

I only ask, as I can cancel my sub until it’s ready. No rush, just curious.

Thanks!

Hi @jajen2003,

We are working on 3rd party integration for the MAC. Shouldn’t be tooooo far away, but definitely not in the next month.

As soon as we can, though. Turns out the solution will have to be quite unique for this different operating system (behind the scenes).

Stay tuned! :smile:

Soooo… yes you won’t be able to control Syrinscape from within Fantasy Grounds, but you can still use the sounds for online play, check out the various threads in the Pro-Tips Category… like this: Syrinscape ProTip #07 - Using Syrinscape with Skype for Online Play

This makes me very sad as in december you said 3rd party integration would come “at the beginning of 2016”. I was hoping for a new client version any day / week now. :frowning:

I understand that it might not be too easy to do this the same way on mac as on windows, but I really have the feeling the client is currently held back in favor of the creator, which would be ok if at least all client versions had feature parity.

To be honest: I didn’t really understand why 3rd party integration wasn’t simply done via a local integrated http server (kind of like you did with the creator), that could have worked on any OS. That way you could even run the app on one system and control it from another device (run the app on a PC that is connected to a good sound system and control it via a smartphone etc.). you could have offered a full JSON API, so 3rd party applications could have fully integrated Syrinscape into their UI in whatever way it would have fit. Just some ideas and probably too late now anyway. So I’ll just keep waiting for a new release…

2 Likes

@eXaminator Yes, precisely.

The Players have definitely been held back by our work on the Creator. It’s been a pain for us! Sorry!

THANKS for your patience!

And tech-wise, yes, that’s what we are doing (it’s just a separate block of dev time).

Any news about 3rd party integration for Mac? Fantasy Grounds sound links don’t work at all!!!

It’s definitely on our list of things TO DO.

I’ll chase up the dev team, and get some specifics on what it was that stopped them.

Thanks for the fast reply. I appreciate it.

I’m pretty interested in Syrinscape but if the automation with Fantasy Grounds is not working I won’t use it very often… I know 3rd party features are working pretty well on Windows but I’m an OS X user so I’ll be waiting for that functionality.

If it helps, I would be prepared to run some beta versions…

Anyway, congrats for this superb app.

1 Like

OK. I have a definite answer for this now.

The 3rd party integration on MAC will be fixed by the Master/Minion Player build we are currently working on now.

So yes, if you’d be happy to help us beta test, we’d love the help.

Watch the forums and Social stuff and you’ll see when we are ready for beta testing! :slight_smile: Yay!

2 Likes

@Steve note the above info.

1 Like

Great news!!! :smile:

1 Like