3rd Party Integration Stopped Working - FIXED

I have been using Syrinscape with Fantasy Grounds via the 3rd party App Integration feature and the DOE:Sound extension. Today I was in the process of preparing a module and I couldn’t get the 3rd party integration feature to work. I did some investigation, tried running either/both of FG and Syrinscape as admin, to no avail.

If I look in Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations I don’t see an entry for URL:syrinscape-fantasy, should I?
I also don’t see Syrinscape in the list of programs under Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Default Programs, should it be there?

I recently installed the Windows 10 Creator’s Update, and I’m wondering if something in that update broke things.

P.S. I already tried uninstalling and re-installing Syrinscape as well.

Thia is weird.

I expect something is being blocked.

To work there are two things needed:

1. communication of system URi calls allowed
  2. a little server litening program running in the background to pass on those measages to the Syrinscape Players.

Sooo… check firewalls and trojan/malware blockers?!?

This isn’t a networking scenario. I’m not trying to transmit those URLs to players over the internet.

The scenario is Fantasy Grounds and Syrinscape running on the same computer, where I’m trying to trigger Syrinscape sounds from Fantasy Grounds using the 3rd Party App Integration URLs. Are you saying that in this local-only scenario that firewalls and so forth can come into play?

Are there some other steps I can take to further narrow down what’s happening?

Yeah.

So, the behaviour of triggering the URI calls can look pretty suspicious to Virus checkers/malware detectors sincde you are running background processors and triggering stuff etc.

1. So if you run one of the URIs in the run dialog in WIN+R what happens?
  2. What virus/malware stuff are you running?
  3. Run Syrinscape in Admin mode?

Yours is the only report I have seen with this behaviour, so at the moment we are looking for something unique about your machine, rather than an update in Windows killing the function (for eg).

• crossing fingers and toes

Everything seems to be working just fine today. Weird. I’ll reactivate this if it happens again, but for now I’m calling this ‘fixed’ (maybe the gnomes in my computer moved on to some other sub-system).

1 Like

Great, glad it’s all working ok now. Thanks for letting us know :smile:

1 Like