Unable to run Syrinscape Creator - FIXED

Whenever I try and run Syrinscape Creator, It shows up in my browser and just says “waiting for player…” I don’t know where to go from here, I’ve tried to redownload it, I’ve restarted the program multiple times, I’m a subscriber. I’d like any fix for this.

How long did you wait before terminating the process?
What Web browser do you use?
Did you have an Internet connection at the time while trying to start up the Creator?
Do xou use antivirus of any sort? Firewall?
Are you sure it says “waiting for player” and not “waiting for Ui”?

In my experience it sometimes takes a while to start. You could try to close the browser window and restart it from the tray icon.
Iirc “waiting for player” has something to do with connection problems, but @Benjamin and/or @Steve can tell you for sure.

Hi @jparkersmith, when you run the Creator a small box should appear and start running through the process after a while your web browser should open and load up the Creators interface.

Are you getting the small box but no browser? If that’s the case then firstly try a different browser. I use Explorer and I know other people find Chrome works well but if the Creator doesn’t like the browser then it won’t load.

Also if this is the first time you have ran the Creator then it does take a while to fully load as it has to set up directories etc.

So I can help you a bit more can you let me know what Browser you are using and if you have been able to load the Creator up before?

I gave it an hour to test. I’m using Google Chrome. I have internet connection when I’m attempting. I’m using Kapersky and I’m allowing it through my firewall. When I attempt to open the software, I get a browser popup that says “Waiting for Player” and the Syrinscape says “Waiting for UI” I get the small box and browser. I haven’t been able to load the creator up yet. This is the first time. I can get the player to play fine, but I can’t get the creator.

I’ve also tried it in Firefox, I’ll have to try more tomorrow. Been fighting with this all day.

1 Like

Seems like the local port, that is required to run the creator, is blocked by something. Have you tried disabling Kaspersky for a moment?

1 Like

Yes, sounds like neither Player nor UI can find the server.

1. Latest version
  2. Shut down completely before restarting?
  3. Uninstal and re-instal
  4. Try renaming the directory inside here: C:\Users[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\Local\Syrinscape And then restarting. Does it start now?

I’ve made sure to download the most recent version, I shut down my computer and turned it back on, I disabled Kapersky when I redownloaded the most recent version before installing it. And I still get to the same thing. When I open the creator i get “127.0.0.1:51704/#/login” in the browser, and “not logged in” in the small window.

What should I try next? Also, thanks so much for the help, I had the same issue with a game and the company didn’t help at all, their customer service was garbage.

I’ve also added the port 51704 and 7977 to be allowed through my firewall. And I’ve added the .exe for the Syrinscape also.

Deactivating Kaspersky while downloading doesn’t make much sense. It is possible, that Kaspersky denies the creator access to the Internet when you try to run it.
Try this: boot up windows, wait until everything is loaded and the pc is idle. Then deactivate Kaspersky and make sure no background processes of it are running. Start up the creator (have you tried running it as admin btw?) and see if it works then. If it doesn’t: restart your AV and we will have to try something different.

Edit: which Fw do you use, the internal windows program? Have you checked your router if he denies programs access to the Internet?

I’m just using the internal windows program, and I also tried to just disable Kaspersky then run the creator. I can add the ports to my router, but if I’m seeing the website at all I’d think the packets are going through. And yes, I have run it as admin.

I’ve added the the ports to my router. I’m just at a loss. This same thing happened when I tried to play Ark and some other games. I wasn’t able to find anything online to explain why I am having trouble connecting to specific things outside my network. I appreciate all the help that you’ve been trying.

Can you check the list of programs that the firewall doesn’t allow through? Maybe some component that is crucial for operation (like sox.exe) is denied access.

This seems to be very tricky. I like a good challenge!

I didn’t notice sox.exe being blocked, but I added it to the allow setting just incase. Like I said this has happened before with games like Ark, I was able to see some of the servers they provide, but not the ones I had with friends on them. My computer doesn’t seem to like applications that connect to outside servers and it makes it infuriating when I’m trying to do things.

You’re not using it, by any chance, on a laptop?

If so: could you try to start the Creator while logged in into a different nezwork (friend"s house)? So we could exclude one network component aka your router.

Nope, running it on my desktop :frowning: It’s my gaming PC. I’m running WIN10 also.

Have I got you to turn on server logging yet?

Hang on I’ll find instructions.

Find the config file here:
C:\Users[YOURUSENAME]\AppData\Local\Syrinscape\Syrinscape SoundSet Creator

And change the relevant line to:
enable_server_logging = true

The log will appear in the same directory:
It’s called “server”

Try a run and then send me the results.

WE ARE GOING TO SORT THIS OUT!!!

Unable to connect still. I changed the proper log. My config now states.

[general]
bind_to_interface = 0.0.0.0
download_free_soundsets = true
delete_asset_bundle_after_import = true
enable_server_logging = true
open_interface = true
player_port = 7977
ui_port = 51704
syrinscape_server_url = https://store.syrinscape.com/

[file_browser]
last_opened_path =

Good. SO now run a few times and send me the server log file. :slight_smile: