Syrinscape ProTip #07b - Mac: Using Syrinscape with Discord for Online Play

There is a “hidden” (and easy) way to create an output device of both your mic and your system sound. It is detailed in this article but my short version is here:

1. Open Finder
  2. Command+Shift+U
  3. Launch “Audio MIDI Setup”
  4. Click the + button to add a device, “Create Aggregate Device”
  5. Check the boxes for “Use” next to Built-in Input and Built-in Output (or whatever devices you want)
  6. You can rename the device by double-clicking the name on the left hand list
  7. In Discord (or wherever) Select the aggregate device as the input.

Bonus Pro tip: To prevent alerts passing through to the channel, Option+Click the little icon in the very top left of your screen. That will gray it out. Thus incoming iMessages will no longer pop up or ding.

I followed this advice, but I can’t seem to get it to work. Is there another step I’m missing somewhere?

Don’t need to do this any more, just use the Syrinscape Online Player! :slight_smile: :smiley:

Is there going to be a solution to pay a one time fee for the online player? Unless I’m misunderstanding something I thought that you needed to be on the subscription, but I already own a ton of sound sets and would rather be able to pay a fee instead of budget $10 a month.

P.S. I think its really impressive that the leadership team answers questions so quickly!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: Always glad to help out (and chat).

There is no plan to offer all the Online + Creator functionality etc as a one time fee… …insert marketing speak here about the need to maintain server, and continue development and continually work to make things stronger and funner and better and all that = stuff which is all actually true! :smiley:

Subs, of course, are also the very chreapest way of getting ownership over a WHOLE LOT of content too… like the MOUNTAIN of D&D stuff that is coming out this year.

But, yes, if you need to NOT use the Online Player… then the above stuff is what you’ll need to do… but sadly, I don’t really know much about that… BUT there are people around who do! eg @CodeCowboy presumably! :smiley:

would it be possible to at some point release a lower tier subscription for only online services, or is that one of the more expensive programs to maintain? I love the way Syrinscape works and would love to support it, but that’s a lot of money per month for a lot of functionality that I (personally) won’t get use out of.

If tiered subscription rates are ever implemented, I’d definitely love to choose one of those!

Yes, we have thought about making a sub level that gives usage of all the stuff people have BOUGHT, but playable back through the Online Player.
i.e. you DON’T get access to:

1. an unlock of all the back catalogue
  2. creator and customisation in the Online Player
  3. ownership of anything new that comes out.

BUT you CAN Playback the content you own for your remote friends.
I’ll bring this up again at our next team meeting. :slight_smile: