Soundscape for Lost Mines of Phandelvar - already released as Official content

Anyone know whether there will be a soundset for the Lost Mines of Phandelvar as that is a great starting point for new DM’s and players. Would help to have all the appropriate sounds in one place instead of having to find ones from different places.

3 Likes

Currently we are focussing on the newer D&D books, like Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, Dungeon of the Mad Mage etc. but it is definitely something that we may be able to go back to if Wizards of the Coast and the community would like us to.

I know lots of people have already created their own LMoP soundsets using the Syrinscape Soundset Creator. Maybe we should look at getting one of those published as community content?

2 Likes

It´s your design policy and I can understand that “hopping on the train of new releases” makes sense in some ways, but…

…wouldn´t that apply as well - or even more - for releases that are in more households and partially spread around the globe (= more potential customers)?

Personally, I would start with the official starter set (the mentioned LMOP) because this…just is how many people will start playing.

And speaking of popularity there are several modules with high popularity and I know a sh*tload of players that would LOVE to use syrinscape and pay for it if there were certain soundsets for these adventures available.
The premade soundsets made just for certain adventures are so awesome and I can´t repeat my self enough when I say that “beginning with the most recent ones” doesn´t make that much sense for the broad base of DMs / players (in my opinion).

Would love to see a pack for LMOP as well.

We just MIGHT have some news around this one in the sooner rather than the later! :smiley:

1 Like

Was there any more news on this? I’d love to see more sound sets for published adventures (specifically official D&D adventures in my case). Even if it’s not new actual sounds, having a sound set curated specifically for a published adventure would save a lot of prep time. I would also want to see past adventures like LMoP and others get some love. :slight_smile:

Good news on this front. We have someone building this right now. We are planning a release for Gen Con for this. Pretty exited about this one.

Other stuff that is coming:
Dungeon of the Mad Mage - Chapters 1-3 and then Chapters 4-6 after that
Ghosts of Saltmarsh Chapters 1-3 then the rest of the adventures after that.

We have DMM 1-6 and Ghosts of Saltmarsh Chapter 2 (Sinister) in the last week of production ready for putting in for approval with Wizards. Our Subs will see these appear as pre-release very soon.

Now that Dan has come on doing Marketing I am much freer to build content again PLUS we have put on 3 days of sound engineers just last month… things will flow much quicker. The D&D team want as much content as possible as quickly as possible + Dragon Heist has been really great for us = we are ramping things up!

3 Likes

Great! I know this kind of thing must take a lot of work and time. Glad you’ve had some time freed up for content creation. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

As a BRAND NEW DM, who had done a lot of research but never been able to play it is something I know I would appreciate especially considering my gang of adventures have never played DnD either! Hence the reason for LMoP

We released the Lost Mine of Phandelver SoundPack a couple of years ago :grin:

You can find more about it here; Lost Mine of Phandelver (LMoP)