Problem with cache location protip #5 - FIXED

I have been following the protip #5 to set a different location for Syrinscape data. I also managed to link using mlink J.

Still, when I open up syrinscape it shows up empty and asks me to download again everything. I have a feeling that the soundset are there physically but Syrinscape does not see them as installed.

Help please!

Hmmm… I’ve never done this myself. Who was the original poster? Shall we ask them?

Ah, here we go:
@stempfle_michael can you help with this question?

1 Like

Is there a way to force to reinstall the sounds set once downloaded? I have all the hard data, it’s just not recognized by the software.

I reckon if Syrinscape can find the directory then it will just use that data. So yes. Access is managed NOT by deleting data, but by lighting it up in the app. Data should work, if Syrinscape can find it.

1 Like

And Syrinscape is looking for data exactly in C:\Users\myname here\AppData\LocalLow\Syrinscape ?

Yes, just to be precise, my:
C:\Users\Ben\AppData\LocalLow\Syrinscape\Syrinscape Fantasy Player
looks like this…

1 Like

Problem solved. I will now clarify what I did, and integrate the info at protip #5.

1. Cut the Syrinscape folder from C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\LocalLow\Syrinscape and paste inside the folder where you want it instead. In my case, it was D:\Syrinscape Sounds. So, at the end I had a path called D:\Syrinscape Sounds\Syrinscape.

2. Delete C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\LocalLow\Syrinscape in case it’s not, but it should already be if you did cut-paste.

3. Open a cmd.exe with admin rights. Look up on google how to do it, it’s really simply but it might vary from different operating systems.

4. Type the following line, modify it according to your personal folder paths. Keep the quotation marks (") where I put them.

mklink /J “C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\LocalLow\Syrinscape” “D:\Syrinscape Sounds\Syrinscape”

1. and type enter.

The problem was at Step 4, because I linked the original folder to “D:\Syrinscape Sounds” and not to “D:\Syrinscape Sounds\Syrinscape” as I should have. Therefore, the software could not read it.

I hope this helps!

Paolo M