No sound with Syrinscape Online Player - RESOLVED

Ok, What do i need to put in the Email ? Only the Forum link for this Topic ?

Edit : I can’t create new answers anymore for today because i’m a new member, i have to wait 23h now. I will try to restart the computer that’s a good idea ^^ and if it’s not working i will send the Email. Thank you a lot for your help and your really fast answers !

Edit2 : I tried on my MAC and it’s working so i bought a Supersyrin Subscription and try to share my sounds with one of my player and he has EXACTLY the same problem. Is it a Windows 10 issue ?

1 Like

Quick description of the problem and a link to this forum entry would be helpful as well.

Sorry that I couldn’t help you out here quickly. It may very well be a bug with the new release that you found, and support is best to take a deeper look.

I guess you have tried restarting the computer?

Hi, we do have an account with same issue here.
My daughter does receive the image related to a sound, but no sound does play.
she tried with an ipad and on her computer.

my son, who is on another computer, does not have issue.

so to resume :
its not platform related as it happens on ios and pc at same time
its not network related as my son, who is in the same network/router, works well

can it be account related ?
what is weird is that if i asked her to open her master sound page, the popup telling : you need to download a client was there, even if the client was running at same time.
its like a kind of desync in the account between the master and the client

Sounds like my issue Syrinscape online problem

Sound on main device plus one friend but no sound on other four

Same problem here. Speed test is ok. Last version of Syrinscape Online.
Yesterday it worked fine.

I had no sound until I installed the latest version of the online player. Got booted about 30 minutes ago. Hope that it’s not painful for our players tonight, but seems like they may need to re-download the player (and re-link to the session for the third week in a row).

It looks like this is effecting a few people but not everybody. We are looking into it at the minute and will update as soon as we have any news.

The new update had been fully tested and seemed to work without any issues so it looks like it’s something specific that’s causing the problem for those of you with no sound.

@sonofconan can you update people once you know what is happening?

Was having the exact same issue. Buttons were blue but no circle around them. Luckily I had my old install file before the update and I reinstalled it and it works fine with the old version.

Please try with the old version for now while we investigate this issue. Download links:

Also if you could help us investigate by answering the following questions:

• What platform(s) (including version) do you have the problem? (e.g. Windows 10, iOS 13.6)
  • Do you also have the problem on a different platform?
  • Do you also have the problem with a different account?
  • Are there any configurations that are working for you on the same device, account, or network?
  • Unlink all your devices from the Syrinscape Online Control Panel and retry
  • Do you also have the problem with the latest Fantasy player? This app shares a common codebase but has additional options for selecting the speaker mode.
  • If the Fantasy player is also affected, does changing the speaker mode help?

I have the exact same issue here, almost nothing works, got blue circles and no sound. I have a supersyrin subscription by the way… and am about to start a starfinder game session… great timeing to get this unlucky.

Yes we are working on getting it fixed, in the meantime did Sonofconans post above get you working?

For me, using the old version solved the issue, everything is working very well !
Thank you very much !

1 Like

Great, thanks for letting us know @Zarev! and thanks for your patience whilst we get this fixed :slight_smile:

Using the older version fixed it, yes, and thank you very much for that.
However, all of my players were kicked out of my server for some reason and I tried helping them getting back on (it should be as easy as clicking my invite link!) but somehow they couldn’t, or had some other problem idk.
Long story short we had to play without Syrinscape and let me tell you… that sucked. I reeeeally like using your software xD

Trying to answer sonofconan:

What platform(s) (including version) do you have the problem? (e.g. Windows 10, iOS 13.6) – Windows 10, Syrinscape online version 1.4.7-p5
Do you also have the problem on a different platform? N/A
Do you also have the problem with a different account? N/A
Are there any configurations that are working for you on the same device, account, or network? I don’t have any other configuration to try
Unlink all your devices from the Syrinscape Online Control Panel and retry: Tried, no change apparently
Do you also have the problem with the latest Fantasy player? I only use the online player now on windows. Tried the Fantasy and Sci-fi offline players (new versions) on android and were working perfectly
If the Fantasy player is also affected, does changing the speaker mode help? Don’t know what that option is, sorry

Could anybody who previously had this issue on Windows please try the following build:

https://syrinscape-us.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/files/syrinscape-1.4.8-p0-win-online.exe

Then, after you have run, tested and quit the app, find the following log file and send it to me via DM here on the forum or email to support@syrinscape.com:

C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\LocalLow\Syrinscape\Syrinscape Online Player\player.log

This build includes some additional logging about the default audio device and attempts to reset some settings on startup.

Also let me know if the problem persists, or if it is fixed.

Hello Sonofconan,

I tried the new version 1.4.8-p0 you linked but i have the same issue with this version.
I send you the log file you asked on support@syrinscape.com !

1 Like

I’ll give it a try when I find the time, thanks.

Meanwhile, I have an update: I previously said the android new version worked perfectly… well that’s not the case. Yesterday we were playing and I wanted to download and play a new soundset on the fly and it displayed "FAILED TO FETCH … "something. It wouldn’t let me download any soundset (I have Supersyrin subscription). (Of course I had internet connection) The ones that were already installed did work though.

1 Like

@lorenzo.valetti it sounds like you are talking about an issue with the genre player on Android. We did have some performance issues yesterday that could have caused intermittent connection errors, but this would not indicate a problem with the app itself.

1 Like

Hi, same here, blue icons, no sound, 1.4.7-p5, win 10. Could you please help?
EDIT: syrinscape-1.4.6-20200115-win-online.exe fixed issue, so old version is ok

2 Likes

Saved my day :smiley: I am guest host at the convention online and wanted to run with Syrinscape. Suddenly my fresh players had no sound - while I had [because I have old one]… now we have a break and I will tell them to install older version as it seem to work. Huh!

1 Like