Multi-support Syrinscape usage - FIXED

Here is how i use syrinscape for my campaigns :

If i have a sufficient time i mix existing soundset with others music themes coming from different sources (Baldur’s gate soundtrack for example :smile:) with the creator. But actually i didn’t have the time to work on the creator and to create any custom soundest yet :pensive:

So when i want a custom soundset i proceed like it :

1. I use my computer (with every soundset) to mix moods and elements together
  2. Once it’s done i write everything on a paper
  3. I reproduce the schematic on my tablet : i can’t directly do it on the tab because i don’t have enough space to download all the soundset on it (because SD card storage is not supported) …

Any idea to speed up the process ?

Thank you

Hmm, I don’t get you’re problem right away, so I will ask some questions to clarify…

You mix other music into existing soundsets with the creator? Example: you open “Witchwood” in the Creator, import music into the Creator and replace a music element in the playlist of a music mood with the new music?

What is a custom soundset for you? Do you want to use different moods from various soundsets in a new one? Or do you want to use your own samples to create new moods and elements?

Your numbered procedure us a little confusing. Where do you mix moods and elements together - in the creator on your PC? If so - why do you copy the setup on a piece of paper? You can merely give your soundset with the new mixed moods and elements a name, upload it to the cloud, so it will be available across all your devices for download. So your number three isn’t necessary. But let’s go through this nontheless. What do you do to reproduce your schematic? Di you download all needed sets and use the “Custom moods” soundsets to start the chosen moods?

If you can clarify your procedures I might have an idea or two how to simplify the whole process.

But maybe my brain is already in weekend mode and @Steve or @Benjamin have a direct solution at hand. :slight_smile:

Have you checked the Pro Tips section already?

https://forum.syrinscape.com/c/pro-tips-how-to-use-syrinscape-well

1 Like

Hi @florian_turchet, by far the simplest method would be for you to use the Creator, it was built especially so that you can mix and edit soundsets and add your own music. All that you would need to do is build the soundset in the creator on your PC and then upload it to the server so that you could use it on your tablet.

From your description I think you are building a custom soundset in the player on your PC and then copying that and rebuilding it again on your tablet, is that right? We are looking at making it so that your custom moods can sync between devices but even then the easiest and quickest way to build a soundset would still be with the creator.

Take a look Here for a really simple walkthrough of the creator and Here and Here for some great tutorial videos that Ben built :smile:

Oh and like @new_vision said, definitely check out the ProTips section of the forum to see how to get the best out of using Syrinscape!

At first creator seemed to me little bit underdeveloped. But now it works really fine. It sure does have some bugs and problems, but guys here are very helpful. Right now I am using only creator to prepare my custom games (I run Stargate sci-fi and DragonLance fantasy).

That is maybe little bit annoying is that I have to download sets to creator, while I already have them installed in the player. So I usually look for the sound in the search bar of the player (where I have all sounds), then check if I like sounds and if so, I install set in the Creator and use it.

Offtopic, I know, but… Maybe there’s a way to search elements throughout all the sets I have without installing it? I cannot think of anything easy to do my way better. Although it works and is fine for now :slight_smile:

Long story short - really use creator. It is worth it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @ivellios_mirimafea, yes the creator is still very new but it does work well for creating your own content and with each new version of the creator the better it gets and the more functions it has. I build a lot of content in it and love using it :smile:

That said if there are features you would like to see or problems you come across then make sue to tell us and better yet be sure to add your ideas to the Suggestions page Here :smile:

1 Like

Thank you all, i’ll just try to take some time to familiarize with the creator

1 Like

No problem, Give Ben’s videos a watch they are really helpful and don’t be afraid to ask questions here or on the Facebook group ‘Syrinscape Creators Guild’. We are always happy to help :smile: