Linux builds now available - RESOLVED

With our latest release we now have Linux builds available for testing. Download links:

None of us run Linux day-to-day, so internal testing has been light and this first release is only available on the forum for now.

@tonystocker @horizon241 @tim.eayrs @Danii @jomonbre @vla @chaimw @ivellios_mirimafea @carlos @amspmbox @ramiroandrescruz @lauralovecraft @guntherkraft @fingolfin922

2 Likes

Thank you so much for doing this!

Works like a charm. Thank you very much! :smiley:

Edit: The new version for windows does not start in wine. So this came at the right time. :wink:

1 Like

Oh my!

This is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch good news!!!

:grinning::pie::trophy::fireworks:

Linux builds are now available on our download page.

https://syrinscape.com/download/

Where can I find the linux build for the new 1.4.8 version of the online player?

@Danii There is now a Linux link in the online player menu at the top of syrinscape.com and at syrinscape.com/online/

1 Like

So hey, big thanks for a Linux version first of all, I haven’t used Windows at home other than for project works for the last 15 years so having a native client gets a huge :purple_heart: from me.

I had been using Wine which can be painful so good job so far team.

3 Likes

Ooooh, now I gotta figure out how to get audio from a virtual machine to my audio receiver and I don’t have to run the player on my computer anymore.

Holy crap, what does the player do when sitting there idle? Got everything set up as I want it, but the software takes ALL of the CPU resources I assigned to the virtual machine, all the time. Maxing out 2 2.6g CPUs!

I knew it used quite a bit of resources, which is why I offloaded it from my laptop, but damn, it’s idle!

@nightpanda2810 is that running inside a VM under Linux?

Yup, debian based, dietPi.

1 Like