Install all purchased soundsets? - RESOLVED

Would there be a possibility of adding a “Install all purchased soundsets/subscriptions” button to the interface? I have the 30 day free trial and I want to continue using it, however, it’s a little tiresome to literally add them all one by one by one on all my devices.

It would be much more efficient to just wait 15 minutes for them all to install.

Hi @ryggrad82 that’s a good suggestion, thanks.

I have added it to our list of feature requests for consideration. We are not sure yet whether we will add this feature, but will follow up with you here either way.

Cheers,
James (Syrinscape developer)

Finding a better way to get all the required samples and info into the Cache of the Fantasy Player (as they are required) is HIGH on our list of things to work on when next we do updates there!

Stay tuned!!! :slight_smile:

In the meantime maybe try the Syrinscape Online Player where you don’t need to actually pre-install any content at all… (perhaps a preview of what we might be able to do for the Fantasy Player!!!) *grins

This is a very desired feature.

Fantasy Grounds requires to load a lot of sets to work well.

I have to load all because of it.

I see this was added to the list in '19 and based on what the staff was saying, it was a high priority.

What is the status of it now? Installing all the sound files has become a serious challenge.

Hi @bradwalsh,

We have subsequently (in the 3.5 years since this old thread) decided that an INSTALL ALL button would be not a brilliant solution given the sheer number of SoundSets and the volume of Data used (and a few other reasons). This was actually discussed on another thread somewhere or other in a fair amount of detail.

We are actually two new solutions past this initial state.

Soooo… Here are a couple of questions for you. :slight_smile: Any particular reason why the Web Player is not a good solution for you? Do you even know about it? Have you tried it? You don’t have to preinstall ANY content at all there and there are many good features, including FAR superior search and remote control and better positioning and reverb.

Worth a try?

Note: these are actually genuine questions right now. We are in the process of balancing our priorities between focussing mainly on the Web Player and going back to the Fantasy Player and doing a bit of work on that. Your answers will become an element in our discussions (which will include the amount of use of these 2 different solutions etc).

Of course, given infinite dev capacity, we could do everything… but sadly I’m forced to make decisions and set priorities! :slight_smile:

Thanks Benjamin…I issue I come across is simply being offline. I like to you use this during in person table top sessions…While Wifi is available most of the time, it is not always available and I like to be prepped for the game (decide on soundsets before game play) but inevitably the players always lead someplace unexpected, so I need to have the sounds ready…otherwise I just lose the flavor of the moment.

So this does bring up another question…I saw on the subscription page that we will be licensed for the soundsets even if we cancel at some point, would you still have access to the online player if you cancel your subscription?

The last piece, while I have limited experience with the online player, I like the look and feel of the installed version. I will have to spend more time playing with the online version, to have a true opinion on it though.

You said that you are 2 solutions past this point. What are they?

Thanks
Brad