Error Installing Soundsets on iPad Air 2 - RESOLVED

Hi,
I’m receiving this error message whenever downloading a new soundset on the (non-online) Syrinscape Fantasy Player on iPad Air 2 Software Version 13.6.1.

INSTALLATION FAILED!SYRINSCAPE COULD NOT COMPLETE INSTALLATION OF [NAME OF SOUNDSET] AS SOME FILES COULD NOT BE VERIFIED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

Acquiring manifest works, commencing download looks good. Loads to 100% relatively quickly, then the error.

I’ve tried reloading the app and restarting the iPad and on different days. I’ve tried logging out and back in.

Everything works perfectly on Windows 10 PC and my iPhone 11 Pro, and used to work perfectly on the iPad Air 2. All devices are on the same network. Over 3GB of free space available.

Previously installed soundsets play without issue.

I have a session on 8-18 so I am hesitant to try uninstalling and reinstalling the application as I can’t afford to risk losing the sound sets that do currently work.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt

@msplanton which soundset are you trying to install?

I’m seeing the exact same error with all of the following:

RSAC4 TEMPLE OF HRAM
TIGER BATTLE
JUNGLE (TROPICAL)
A1 MY ONE SHOTS
BARD SPELLS D&D
BELL MONK TEMPLE
BUSTLING Port Town
CARRION CRAWLER BATTLE
CLERIC SPELLS (KYRA)

I’m sure there are a few more but these are the ones I’m positive I tried.

I haven’t been able to successfully download any that I have tried.

Previously downloaded sets from months ago play fine.

Thanks,

Matt

I’m having the exact same issue with several other sound sets. Works fine on windows, fails on iOS

Looks like the beta version has fixed it.

We’ll package up the release and get an update out to iOS ASAP

(then we’ll know for sure) :smiley:

@msplanton @dr_steve_dillon Please try this beta version:

We will publish these builds on the site and app stores this week, but you can use them now via TestFlight on iOS or direct download for other platforms.

How do we access the beta via TestFlight?

@dr_steve_dillon Install the TestFlight app from the App Store then follow these TestFlight links (from the linked post above) on your iOS device:

A new official build 1.4.9-p1 has been released with improved sample download reliability.