Descent SoundSets live! - subscribers request early access here!

Hey all,

Subrscribers may have noticed that “dia Avernus” and “dia Baldur’s Gate” are live in the Players for you all.

These are the first two core parts of the coming complete support for “Descent into Avernus”

Our first SoundPack for this adventure will feature the usual encounter-by-encounter support… but I was so excited about how good this stuff was sounding, I literally couldn’t wait to turn it on for you all.

Sooo… check it out. And give me some feedback, since these are just a work in progress we’ve got some time to hone them further.

Like the metal feel?

Notice the chants in Baldur’s Gate?!?!?

I look forward to hearing what you think!!!

*dives for cover

3 Likes

When will the soul coin wail be ready?

I’ll have to wait until next year to actually run in (running my Storm King’s Thunder Campagin still) but I am SO happy, they are so good! <3

Really, really well done @benjamin & Team!

1 Like

This is fixed? Have you updated the SoundSet? Hearing it louder now?

I’m sure I’ve answered this question before, have I not?

Happiness! :grin: :space_invader: :dog: :whale:

I would love to see some big classical music as well as the metal - a Ride of the Valkyries type thing, capture that Apocalypse Now feel…if possible :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing (I mean, hearing) more!

2 Likes

Hey Ben. Is the plan still to have the rest of the sets out by the end of the month? I have a Descent campaign starting in a week or so, and would love to have this ready for the start.

Thanks, what’s out so far sounds great.

Hi @njackie,

The first parts of our complete support for Avernus are in the late stages of production right now, then they’ll go into approval… so stay tuned. Approval takes a minimum of 3 weeks so we are almost certainly looking at December or January, depending on how much people shut down over Christmas.

Glad you are all enjoying what we’ve done so far!!!

So am i reading the thread right? I’m seeing that its partially available? I’m not seeing any of it in the store? The group i run is rolling in to this mod in 4 weeks and I’d love to test it / buy it… Lemme know where it can be found please.

Hey @christopher.harkins7,

The stuff that is partially available is available to all our subscribers… so if you want to see it… Grab a trial sub? :wink:

The actual proper adventure support is coming, but definitely NOT before mid to late Jan = we are adding final touches, then it will go in for approval with WotC… and approval there will have a bit of a gap in it (due to Christmas).

That said… trial sub…?!? :smiley:

I liked.

Suggestions:
Baldur’s

• Dead Three Ankle deep in stinky sewer - dh Xanathar’s hideout - Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Chapters 1-3
  • Mood for Amrik/Mortlock/Thurswell/Thalamra

Avernus

• Sacred music for the sword/elturel chapel/zariel/planetarium/release

But, it’s ok. You have so much stuff. I’m building a playlist for each part.

1 Like

Any word on when theses sets will arrive? It’s mid to late January now. My group is just ready to have a go at Vanthampur Villa, and it would be nice to have encounter sound support.

New user here - my platinum box set from Beadle & Grimm just arrived (it had a long way to go - I’m in Australia). Thought I’d better try out Syrinscape, see what’s what.

It’s taken a little bit of messing around, but I’m now thoroughly hooked - using it as background study music. Great app, can’t wait to try it on my iPad at the game table. The general sounds for Baldur’s Gate are awesome, especially the various passer’s by and the dogs. Really enjoy the weather themed playlists - should add a lot to the game. My initial impressions of Avernus are that it needs a suitably intense / evil grand entrance track, and maybe an additional less overpowering ‘epic guitar’ moment. The rolling track and general hellscape sound cool (at first listen).

I’m a newbie and yet to use in ‘anger’, so not much constructive feedback yet I’m afraid. Will likely start adventuring in Feb, so maybe more feedback once we have a few sessions.First impression is that just the Baldur’s Gate weather themed tracks will add a huge amount of immersion - fantastic stuff.

I’m really, really looking forward to the encounter specific sets. I saw the video with the various NPC responses set up, and adventure dialogue packaged and ready to go. That looks AMAZING. (And will give my poor voice-acting much needed support.)

Rock on.

1 Like

Yays! This all makes me happy.

The first parts of official content will be submitted to WotC for approval next week. Lots of gorgeous music getting finalised now… and a really special version of the Elfsong tavern song being recorded.

Note: the last two Chapters of Ghosts of Saltmarsh we submitted for approval on Nov 21st and still have not cleared the cue… sooo… hopefully it won’t take THAT long! :smiley:

Also note: once they are in for approval we can do special unlocks for current subscribers who just definitely need it NOW… so don’t hesitate to ask.

I would love a special unlock, at least for the Baldur’s Gate content; I’m running my adventurers through a modified version of Baldur’s Gate (using this content) and they’ve just now started in on the Dungeon of the Dead Three. It’s difficult finding Syrinscape soundboards that are sufficiently gotham-city-esque enough to go along with the martial-law-versus-pandemonium that BG is in this module, so I would LOVE early access to the official BG sound sets!

@alexandergan

I used this:

Super excited for this soundset. SuperSyrin subscriber here, I’m starting to run my Baulder’s Gate adventure tonight and would love early access to the soundsets once they’re available :slight_smile: until then the other suggestions in this thread seem super helpful, this’ll be my first adventure I run using SyrinScape :smiley: excited :smiley:

I’m already a session into BG. Will be two sessions in a of tomorrow. I would love a special unlock when available.

I’ve been eagerly awaiting this sound set, my group is already quite a few sessions in and I can’t wait to get started with Syrinscape. If I could get access through an unlock that would be fantastic!